- A Study of Respiratory Effects from Exposure to 2ppm Formaldehyde in Healthy Subjects. Schachter, E. Neil; Witek Jr., Theodore J.; Tosun, Tarik; Leaderer, Brian P.; Beck, Gerald J. // Archives of Environmental Health;Jul/Aug86, Vol. 41 Issue 4
Reports the effect of formaldehyde on the respiratory systems of healthy subjects in New Haven, Connecticut. Measurement of pulmonary function employing partial and maximal flow-volume curves; Confinement of respiratory symptoms to the upper airways; Absence of acute or subacute changes in lung...
- Effects of 0.75ppm Sulfur Dioxide on Pulmonary Function Parameters of Normal Human Subjects. Stacy, Ralph W.; House, Dennis; Friedman, Mitchell; Hazucha, Milan; Green, James; Raggio, Louis // Archives of Environmental Health;Jul/Aug81, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p172
Examines the effects of 0.75ppm sulfur dioxide on pulmonary function parameters of normal human subjects in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Derivation of sulfur dioxide; Methods employed in the evaluation of pulmonary function; Importance of ventilation in the identification of the degree of...
- (Respirator) test anxiety. // Occupational Hazards;Nov95, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p21
Reports on the impact of anxiety levels to results of respirator tests. Study on the work performance of people wearing respirators; Discomfort in anxious subjects.
- Silicosis in a Pakistani farmer. Fennerty, A.; Hunter, A.M.; Smith, A.P.; Pooley, F.D. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);9/3/1983, Vol. 287 Issue 6393, p648
Reports nodular pulmonary fibrosis due to non-industrial exposure to silica dust. Discussions on the case report; Analysis of pulmonary function test; Manifestation of pneumoconiosis by exposure to the environmental dust.
- Utilization Of Ventilation / Perfusion Lung Scan In A Cancer Hospital. Huaringa, Armando J.; Darwish, Amr A.; Jim�c)nez, Carlos A.; Delpassand, Ebrahim S.; Haro, Manuel H. // Internet Journal of Pulmonary Medicine;2008, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p10
Malignant neoplasms have been frequently associated with pulmonary embolism (PE). Ventilation/perfusion lung scan (V/Q) is the most frequent initial imaging study requested by clinicians for the evaluation of PE. Because our institution is dedicated to cancer care, we decided to study the...
- Effects of Submicronic Sulfuric Acid Aerosol on Human Pulmonary Function. Horstman, Donald; Hazucha, Milan; Haak, Edward; Stacy, Ralph // Archives of Environmental Health;May/Jun82, Vol. 37 Issue 3
Investigates the effects of submicronic sulfuric acid aerosol on human pulmonary function in young men. Influence of the increased burning of sulfur-containing fossil fuels on the levels of submicronic particles of the sulfuric acid; Use of electrical aerosol analyzer; Observation of the ...
- Pulmonary Function Response to Equivalent Doses of Ozone Consequent to Intermittent and Continuous Exercise. McKittrick, Tara; Adams, William C. // Archives of Environmental Health;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p153
Reports on pulmonary response to equivalent doses of ozone consequent to intermittent and continuous exercise. Pulmonary function percentage; Subjective symptoms response; Administration and monitoring of ozone.
- Airflow Limitation in Morbidly Obese, Nonsmoking Men. Rubinstein, I.; Zamel, N.; DuBarry, L.; Hoffstein, V. // Annals of Internal Medicine;6/1/90, Vol. 112 Issue 11, p828
Presents a study that determined the effect of obesity on pulmonary function. Importance of identifying pulmonary function abnormalities associated with obesity; Most characteristic pulmonary function abnormalities in obese persons; Differences in pulmonary function between the obese and...
- COMPARISON OF SOME PULMONARY FUNCTION OF DIFFERENT NATIONAL WRESTLERS. BİLGİN, ULVİYE; ÇOLAK, MERGŨL; ORHAN, ÖZLEM // Ovidius University Annals, Series Physical Education & Sport/Sci;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p46
Purpose. This study was conducted with the aim of determining and evaluating respiratory functions of National Seniors Wrestling tearms of Turkey, Kyrgyzstan and Senegal. Methods. Respiratory function tests were taken from voluntary wrestlers entering in the preparation camp before the...