- SWOG S0356: Combination therapy failed to meet endpoint in esophageal adenocarcinoma. // Hem/Onc Today;11/25/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p9
The article presents a study that examined the pathologic complete response of the SWOG S0356 combination treatment for patients with esophageal adenocarcinoma.
- Latest Surgical Technique Performed. // India -- West;12/14/2012, Vol. 38 Issue 4, pA44
The article reports that a surgical technique by which esophageal cancer was removed without causing scars was successfully done in the department of surgical gastroenterology at a government medical college in Kerala, India.
- Esophageal Cancer: PRODIGE 5/ACCORD 17 TRIAL RESULTS. Goodwin, Rachel // Oncology Exchange;Aug2012, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p26
An abstract of the article "Phase III randomized trial of definitive chemoradiotherapy (CRT) with FOLFOX or cisplatin and fluorouracil in esophageal cancer (EC): Final results of the PRODIGE 5/ACCORD 17 trial," by T. Conroy and colleagues is presented.
- Post-oesophagectomy and gastric pull-up: Anaesthetic implications. Raghunandan, M.; Biddappa, Chenanda A. // Indian Journal of Anaesthesia;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p98
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Post-oesophagectomy and gastric pull-up: Anaesthetic implications" in the January-February 2013 issue.
- Carcinoma esophagus with isolated metatarsal metastasis. Mohanty, A.; Dutta, D.; Das, S.; Samanta, D. R.; Senapati, S. // Indian Journal of Cancer;Jan-Mar2011, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p112
A letter to the editor is presented in response to a medical report of carcinoma esophagus with isolated small bone metastasis.
- Cisplatin/fluorouracil. // Reactions Weekly;1/14/2012, Issue 1384, p19
The article describes a case of oesophago-atrial fistula in a 38-year-old woman, which developed following consolidation chemoradiotherapy for advanced oesophageal cancer.
- Nedaplatin. // Reactions Weekly;12/4/2010, Issue 1330, p26
The article describes the case of a 77-year-old man who developed syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion (SIADH) during nedaplatin therapy for thoracic oesophageal cancer.
- Quality of life in patients with Barrett’s esophagus undergoing surveillance. Fisher, Deborah; Jeffreys, Amy; Bosworth, Hayden; Wang, Jennifer; Lipscomb, Joseph; Provenzale, Dawn // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep2002, Vol. 97 Issue 9, p2193
OBJECTIVES:Practice guidelines recommend surveillance for Barrettâ€™s esophagus (BE) because of the risk of esophageal cancer. The quality of life of patients undergoing surveillance is unknown. The objectives of this study were to develop a new utility instrument to measure quality of life...
- Doubt cast on bisphosphonate-cancer link. // Pulse;9/29/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 28, p7
The article presents a study which revealed that oesophageal cancer was 30% higher for patients with previous prescriptions for oral bisphosphonates equated with those having no prescriptions in 2010.