- Organ conservation approach for primary mucosal malignant melanoma of the larynx. Krishnamurthy, Arvind; Ramshanka, Vijayalakshmi; Majhi, Urmila // Journal of Cancer Research & Therapeutics;Oct-Dec2013, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p758
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article which discusses the organ conservation approach for primary mucosal malignant melanoma of the larynx.
- Larynx preservation in pyriform sinus cancer: Preliminary results of a European Organization for... Lefebvre, Jean-Louis; Chevalier, Dominique // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;7/03/96, Vol. 88 Issue 13, p890
Presents a prospective, randomized phase III study conducted by the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) from 1990 to compare larynx-preserving treatment with conventional treatment in untreated and operable patients with pyriform sinus cancer. Patient eligibility;...
- Cisplatin: Myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative neoplasm transformed into CMML and then AML: case report. // Reactions Weekly;Dec2013, Issue 1481, p13
The article presents a case study of a 60-year-old man who developed a myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative neoplasm which transformed into chronic myelomonocytic leukaemia (CMML) and then acute myeloid leukaemia (AML) after receiving cisplatin for laryngeal cancer.
- Laryngeal Osteoma: A Rare Cause of Laryngeal Obstruction. // Medical Journal of Trakya University / Trakya Universitesi Tip F;2010, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p417
No abstract available.
- ON EFFICIENCY OF MODIFIED VARIANTS OF SURGICAL INTERVENTIONS DURING TREATMENT OF LOCALLY ADVANCED LARYNX CANCER. Dzhunushaliev, K. K.; Sushanlo, L. D.; Sultanbekov, R. A.; Aytabaev, E. S. // Pacific Medical Journal / Tihookeanskij Medicinskij Zurnal;Sep2011, Issue 3, p44
The paper provides results of treatment administered to 415 patients with locally advanced larynx cancer. The modified variants of surgical interventions performed as part of radical surgery programme allowed authors to achieve rather satisfactory immediate and late treatment results. Today, 217...
- Videofluoroscopy of the swallowing act after partial supraglottic laryngectomy by CO2 laser. Prgomet, Drago; Bumber, &Zcirc;eljko; Bilić, Mario; Svoren, Emica; Katić, Vladimir; Poje, Gorazd // European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology;Sep2002, Vol. 259 Issue 8, p399
The evaluation of functional deglutition in patients after partial supraglottic laryngectomy by CO2 laser was performed by videoflouroscopy of the swallowing act. We studied 20 patients in PA and LL projections, and the swallowing act, at 25 frames per s, was captured on videotape. Aspiration...
- Laryngeal sensation and pharyngeal delay time after (chemo)radiotherapy. Maruo, Takashi; Fujimoto, Yasushi; Ozawa, Kikuko; Hiramatsu, Mariko; Suzuki, Atsushi; Nishio, Naoki; Nakashima, Tsutomu // European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology;Aug2014, Vol. 271 Issue 8, p2299
The objective of the study was to evaluate the association between changes in laryngeal sensation and initiation of swallowing reflex or swallowing function before and after (chemo)radiotherapy. A prospective study was conducted in a tertiary referral university hospital. Thirteen patients who...
- Antiproliferative Activity, Antioxidant Capacity and Tannin Content in Plants of Semi-Arid Northeastern Brazil. Gomes de Melo, Joabe; de Sousa Araújo, Thiago Antônio; Nobre de Almeida e Castro, Valérium Thijan; de Vasconcelos Cabral, Daniela Lyra; do Desterro Rodrigues, Maria; Carneiro do Nascimento, Silene; Cavalcanti de Amorim, Elba Lúcia; Paulino de Albuquerque, Ulysses // Molecules;Dec2010, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p8534
The objective of this study was to evaluate antiproliferative activity, antioxidant capacity and tannin content in plants from semi-arid northeastern Brazil (Caatinga). For this study, we selected 14 species and we assayed the methanol extracts for antiproliferative activity against the HEp-2...
- Transoral resection of supraglottic tumours using microelectrodes (54 cases). Basterra, Jorge; Esteban, Francisco; Reboll, Rosa; Menoyo, Alicia; Zapater, Enrique // European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology;Sep2014, Vol. 271 Issue 9, p2497
We present the oncological and functional results of surgical transoral resection of supraglottic laryngeal carcinomas using microelectrodes. This prospective multicentre trial was conducted from 2005 to 2009. It included 54 patients (23 T1, 14 T2, and 17 T3) with supraglottic cancer, with a...