- Was your fetal ultrasound up to par? Young, Stephanie // Glamour;May93, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p80
Reports that an estimated 70 percent of all pregnant women in the United States will have ultrasounds, but many of them will receive substandard screenings. Survey which found that many facilities which performed ultrasounds failed to meet established quality guidelines; Advice on how to make...
- Intravascular ultrasound-guided management of a lost stent. // Heart;Dec2009, Vol. 95 Issue 24, p13
An abstract of the article "Intravascular ultrasound-guided management of a lost stent" is presented.
- Relationship Between Preoperative Duplex Vein Mapping and Intraoperative Longitudinal Impedance... Meyerson, Shari L.; Shakur, Umar M.; Skelly, Christopher L.; Loth, Francis; McKinsey, James F.; Schwartz, Lewis B. // Vascular Surgery;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p393
Examines the relationship between preoperative duplex vein mapping and intraoperative longitudinal impedance in infrainguinal vein grafts in Chicago, Illinois. Use of a B-mode scan to measure venous diameters; Role of preoperative B-mode imaging in surgical treatment; Limitations of B-mode...
- Ultra-Sound Advice. Bauman, Alisa // Runner's World;Jan2000, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p19
Presents information on therapeutic ultrasound.
- Kalp transplantasyonu sonrasÄ± transplant vaskÃ¼lopati erken tanÄ±sÄ±nda altÄ±in standart: Ä°ntravaskÃ¼ler ultrason. Saygı, Serkan; Zoghi, Mehdi; Nalbantgil, Sanem; Yaşdı, Tahir; Akın, Mustafa; Özbaran, Mustafa; Durmaz, İsa // Anatolian Journal of Cardiology / Anadolu Kardiyoloji Dergisi;Dec2008, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p464
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article related to intravascular ultrasound as a method for early detection of transplant vasculopathy after heart transplantation.
- The risk of malignancy of the thyroid nodule/focal lesion - an assessment by ultrasound, based on our own scoring system. Adamczewski, Zbigniew; Lewiński, Andrzej // Thyroid Research;2013, Vol. 6 Issue Suppl 2, p1
An abstract of the article "The risk of malignancy of the thyroid nodule/focal lesion â€“ an assessment by ultrasound, based on our own scoring system" by Zbigniew Adamczewski and Andrzej LewiÅ„ski is presented.
- Delivering drugs via ultrasound. // R&D Magazine;Oct95, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p9
Reports that chemists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology successfully delivered large molecule drugs through the skin using ultrasound (UT). Effect of low-frequency UT pulses on the skin.
- ACOUSTIC SURGERY. Haar, Gail ter // Physics Today;Dec2001, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p29
Presents the history and sources of acoustic surgery. Emphasis of the typical parameters of medical ultrasound; Inclusion of the therapeutic uses of ultrasound; Integration of focused ultrasound surgery with magnetic resonance imaging.
- MRI of intravascular leiomyomatosis extending to the heart. Altinok, D.; Tasci Yildiz, Y.; Tacal, T.; Karapinar, K.; Eryilmaz, M. // European Radiology;May2000, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p871
Presents a letter to the editor that focuses on a case study of MRI of intravascular leiomyomatosis extending to the heart.