- Elekta-Equra give S. Africa access to RT. // Medical Device Daily;6/12/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 113, p8
The article reports that the long-term agreement between Equra Health and Elekta will help address the need in South Africa for radiation therapy services.
- FDA Approves Versa HD. // ASRT Scanner;Dec2013/Jan2014, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p13
The article reports on the approval of Elekta's Versa HD advanced linear accelerator system designed to improve patient care and treat a wide range of cancers by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Varian Medical encourages radiotherapy tech in Russia. // Medical Device Daily;2/14/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p2
The article reports on Varian Medical Systems Inc.'s collaboration with development agencies in Russia towards its promotion of radiotherapy technology in the country. It mentions that the Palo Alto, California-based medical device provider has contributed $50,000 to the venture which will be...
- Shape of Beams to Come. // ASRT Scanner;Apr/May2013, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p12
The article reports that the installation of multileaf collimator (MLC) system at the University of California (UC) Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center in California allows radiation oncologist to shape the beam to the tumor of the patient.
- Radiation oncology. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97 Supplement, Vol. 20, pS91
Presents an abstract of the research manuscript `Cost-effectiveness considerations in the use of daily portal imaging of radiotherapy patients,' by T.S. McGowan et al.
- Caribbean Radiation Oncology Center implements cutting-edge tech. FERNÁNDEZ, RICARDO IMBERT // Caribbean Business;5/30/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 20, pB31
The article profiles Caribbean Radiation Oncology Center, the first clinic in Latin America that implemented the use of the TomoTherapy Highly Integrated Adaptive Radiotherapy (Hi-Art) system.
- ELEKTRA GETS LARGE HOSPITAL ORDERS FOR RADIOTHERAPY SYSTEMS. // Biotech Equipment Update;Oct2001, p1
Reports the increase of orders for radiotherapy systems from European and Asian hospitals at Elekta AB in Stockholm, Sweden. Comments of company president Volker Stieber on the surge of order performance; Order of linear accelerator units to the hospitals in Taiwan; Characteristics of company...
- Vassar Brothers Medical Center Introduces New Radiation Technology. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/26/2013, Vol. 2 Issue 32, p13
The article focuses on the introduction of the Linear Accelerator radiation technology of Vassar Brothers Medical Center at the Murphy Center for Radiation Oncology in the Dyson Center for Cancer Care.
- IntraOp purchases Mobetron in Thailand. // Medical Device Daily;9/27/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 187, p7
This article report on the purchase of IntraOp Medical's Mobetron, a technology that delivers radiation directly to a tumor site during cancer surgery, by the Mahidol University Medicine Siriraj Hospital in Thailand.