- 297. Radiovirotherapy in Ovarian Cancer Using Recombinant Measles Expressing Sodium Iodide Symporter. Hasegawa, Kosei; Ong, Hooi-Tin; Dingli, David; Nakamura, Takafumi; Russell, Stephen J.; Peng, Kah Whye // Molecular Therapy;Jun2005, Vol. 11, p116
An abstract of the article "Radiovirotherapy in Ovarian Cancer Using Recombinant Measles Expressing Sodium Iodide Symporter," by Kosei Hasegawa, Hooi-Tin Ong, David Dingli, Takafumi Nakamura, Stephen J. Russell and Kah Whye Peng is presented.
- Epithelial Carcinoma of the Ovary: Current Strategies. Katz, Martin E.; Schwartz, Peter E.; Kapp, Daniel S.; Luikart, Sharon // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jul81, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p98
Discusses several advances in cytoreductive surgery, megavoltage radiotherapy techniques and chemotherapy of epithelial ovarian cancer. Information on the International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics stage-grouping for primary carcinoma of the ovary; Alkylating agent chemotherapy in...
- Ovarian Cancer: New Therapeutic Concepts, Renewed Optimism. Muggia, Franco M.; Piccart, Martine J.; Speyer, James L. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov85, Vol. 103 Issue 5, p795
Discusses novel therapeutic concepts for ovarian cancer. Efficacy of the chemotherapy with alkylating agents; Reason for lag in usage of radiation therapy; Way to improve the dose intensity of existing agents.
- Clinicopathologic characteristics and prognostic factors of ovarian fibrosarcoma: the results of a multi-center retrospective study. Long Huang; Ling-Min Liao; Hui-Yun Wang; Min Zheng // BMC Cancer;2010, Vol. 10, p585
Background: Ovarian fibrosarcomas are very rare tumors, and therefore, few case studies have evaluated the prognostic factors of this disease. To our knowledge, this study represents the largest study to evaluate the clinical and pathologic factors associated with ovarian fibrosarcoma patients....
- Laparoscopic ovarian transposition in patients with pelvic cancer. Žilinskas, Kastytis; Sabonytė-Balšaitienė, Živilė; Samalavičius, Narimantas Evaldas // Acta Medica Lituanica;2013, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p207
Background. The aim of this study was to evaluate the feasibility of laparoscopic ovarian transposition prior to radiation therapy on the preservation of hormonal function in the treatment of pelvic cancer. Materials and methods. A chart review of premenopausal women diagnosed with pelvic...
- Stereotactic radiotherapy in epithelial ovarian cancer brain metastases patients. Celejewska, Agata; Tukiendorf, Andrzej; Miszczyk, Leszek; Składowski, Krzysztof; Wydmański, Jerzy; Trela-Janus, Krystyna // Journal of Ovarian Research;2014, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
Background In this report we present the results of the retrospective (survival and classification) analyses of possible prognostic factors prolonging survival in epithelial ovarian cancer brain metastases patients after stereotactic radiotherapy. We focus on a wide range of available predictors...
- Clinical features of long-term survivors of recurrent epithelial ovarian cancer. Iwase, Haruko; Takada, Toshio; Iitsuka, Chiaki; Nomura, Hidetaka; Abe, Akiko; Taniguchi, Tomoko; Sakamoto, Kimihiko; Takizawa, Ken; Takeshima, Nobuhiro // International Journal of Clinical Oncology;Feb2015, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p143
Background: Although recurrent epithelial ovarian cancer (EOC) is generally regarded as an incurable disease, some patients survive more than 5 years after the first recurrence. The aim of this study was to evaluate the clinical features of patients with recurrent EOC who achieve long-term...
- Outcomes of ovarian transposition in gynaecological cancers; a systematic review and meta-analysis. Gubbala, Kumar; Laios, Alex; Gallos, Ioannis; Pathiraja, Pubudu; Haldar, Krishnayan; Ind, Thomas // Journal of Ovarian Research;2014, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
Background: Pelvic irradiation is essential for improving survival in women with pelvic malignancies despite inducing permanent ovarian damage. Ovarian transposition can be performed in premenopausal women in an attempt to preserve ovarian function. As uncertainty occurs over the proportion of...
- Carboplatin/paclitaxel. // Reactions Weekly;Aug2014, Vol. 1516 Issue 1, p53
An abstract of the article "Therapy-related myelodysplastic syndrome and acute myeloid leukemia following chemotherapy (paclitaxel and carboplatin) and radiation therapy in ovarian cancer: A case report," by M. Ishikawa and colleagues is presented.