- Alert on radiotherapy. // Pulse;11/17/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 46, p12
Reports on the British Chief Medical Officer's warning to general practitioners to be prepared to counsel women who have just learned that their treatment with radiotherapy for Hodgkin's disease has put them at high risk for breast cancer.
- Validation of the Shortened COPE for use with Breast Cancer Patients Undergoing Radiation Therapy. Fillion, Lise; Kovacs, Adrienne H.; Gagnon, Pierre; Endler, Norman S. // Current Psychology;Spring2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p17
To study the relationship between cancer and emotional adjustment, investigation of situation-specific coping behaviors with respect to narrowly defined stressors has recently been promoted. The development and validation of shorter instruments, designed to facilitate completion by clinical...
- New Breast Cancer Treatment. // Medical Update;Jul2002, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p7
Provides information on the MammoSite Radiation Therapy System for breast cancer.
- Best of the medical press. // RN;Jan84, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p19
Presents updates on the nursing profession in the U.S. as of January 1984. High risks of breast cancer to women who had undergone radiotherapy as infants; Violence in Vietnam veterans linked to combat; Hot flashes as the commonest complaint of menopause women.
- Adjuvant Radiation after Modified Radical Mastectomy for Breast Cancer Fails to Prolong Survival. Geisler, D.P.; Boyle, M.J.; Malnar, K.F.; Melichar, R.M.; McGee, J.M.; Nolen, M.G.; Broughan, T.A. // American Surgeon;May2000, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p452
Recent literature has reported improved local disease control and overall survival in premenopausal node-positive (stage II, and III) breast cancer patients undergoing modified radical mastectomy (MRM) using radiation therapy (RT) combined with chemotherapy. To assess the efficacy of...
- Natural history and prognosis of recurrent breast cancer. Karabali-Dalamaga, S.; Souhami, R.L.; O'Higgins, N.J.; Soumilas, A.; Clark, C.G. // British Medical Journal;9/9/1978, Vol. 2 Issue 6139, p730
Investigates the patterns of the recurrence of breast cancer. Survival of patients with breast cancer; Availability of information on breast cancer management; Effects of postoperative radiotherapy in the dissemination of tumor.
- Biomarkers and outcome after tamoxifen treatment in node-positive breast cancers from elderly women. Daidone, M G; Luisi, A; Martelli, G; Benini, E; Veneroni, S; Tomasic, G; De Palo, G; Silvestrini, R // British Journal of Cancer;1/15/2000, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p270
The predictive role of tumour proliferative rate and expression of p53, bcl-2 and bax proteins, alone and in association with tumour size, nodal involvement and oestrogen receptors (ER), was analysed on 145 elderly patients (â‰¥70 years of age) with histologically assessed node-positive...
- Postoperative radiotherapy and late mortality: evidence from the Cancer Research Campaign trial for early breast cancer. Haybittle, J. L.; Brinkley, D.; Houghton, J.; A'Hern, R. P.; Baum, M. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);6/17/89, Vol. 298 Issue 6688, p1611
Identifies any excess mortality caused by adjuvant radiotherapy for early breast cancer in Great Britain. Measurement of survival from time of first treatment to death; Mortality level in the group treated with radiotherapy; Assessment on the balance between the risk and the higher risk of...
- Tell your patients that radioactive implants may be better than mastectomy. // Modern Medicine;Mar94, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p29
Reports that inserting radioactive implants into the breast may be an effective alternative to removing the entire breast in patients who have early-stage breast cancer. Description of the procedure; Ten-year survival rates.
- Randomized clinical trial of breast irradiation following lumpectomy and axillary dissection for... Clark, R.M.; Whelan, T. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;11/20/96, Vol. 88 Issue 22, p1659
Examines the efficacy of breast irradiation following conservative surgery in the treatment of women with axillary lymph node-negative breast cancer. Profile of the patients; Percentage of patients with recurrent cancer in the breast.