- PROVEN ANTIFRACTURE EFFICACY OF STRONTIUM RANELATE ACROSS VARYING RISK PROFILES. // Osteoporosis International;Mar2006 Supplement 1, Vol. 17, pS114
The article presents the abstract of the research "Proven Antifracture Efficacy of Strontium Ranelate Across Varying Risk Profiles," by C. Roux.
- When pain cuts to the bone. Strangio, Linda; Brudner, Carol; O'Connor, Eileen // RN;Jun95, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p28
Presents strontium-89 chloride (Metastron) as a way to relieve the pain caused by the spread of the tumor to the bone in cancer patients. Drawbacks of high doses of narcotics; Characteristics of strontium-89; Bone pain relief; Side effects; Contraindications; Patient education.
- Combined Conjunctival Autograft and Overlay Amniotic Membrane Transplantation; a Novel Surgical Treatment for Pterygium: Erratum. Ahmadieh, Hamid // Journal of Ophthalmic & Vision Research;Oct2014, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p526
No abstract available.
- Pain cushion. Munson, Marty; Yeykal, Teresa // Prevention;Oct95, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p60
Reports on the injection of strontium-89 to eliminate the pain of bone cancer without the side effects of traditional drugs. Approval by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA); Comments from Ralph G. Robinson, chairman of the department of diagnostic radiology at the University of...
- Limbal transplantation option for pterygium. Charters, Lynda; Al-Fayez, Mashhoor // Ophthalmology Times;11/1/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p50
Focuses on a study which investigated the effectiveness of limbal comjunctival transplantation in treating recurrent pterygia. Other treatments for pterygia; Methodology; Results of the study.
- PTERYGIUM SURGERY: FREE LIMBAL AUTOLOGOUS CONJUNCTIVAL GRAFT. Nisic, Faruk; Alikadic-Husovic, Amila; Zvizdic, Denisa; Muhamedagic, Lejla // Medicinski Arhiv;2008 Supplement 1, Vol. 62, p20
Presented are 9 cases with advanced Pterygim which had been treated at the Eye Clinic in Sarajevo in the period of June 2006 to July 2007. All patients have been treated by one surgeon. From all 9 cases 5 cases had relapse of pterygi previously operated in different centers and 4 cases had...
- ASK THE EXPERTS. // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;May2009, Issue 319, p67
The article offers an answer to the question on what alternative treatments or supplements that may help treat pterygium, a benign, triangular thickening on the outer coating of the eye.
- Comprehensive Therapy in Osteoporosis Using a Single Drug: From ADFR to Strontium Ranelate. Manette, C.; Collette, J.; Sarlet, N.; Tancredi, A.; Zegels, B.; Reginster, J.- Y. // Current Medicinal Chemistry;2006, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p1585
In vitro, strontium ranelate increases collagen and non-collagenic proteins synthesis by mature osteoblast enriched cells. The effects of strontium ranelate on bone formation were confirmed as the drug enhanced preosteoblastic cell replication. In the isolated rat osteoclast, a preincubation of...
- Strontium and osteoporosis. Barlow, David // Journal of the British Menopause Society;2003, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p7
The article discusses how strontium is being used for the treatment of osteoporosis. Majorly antiresponsive therapies are used as therapeutics in osteoporosis. But it has been found that strontium ranelate can also used for the treatment of the disease. It helps in bone mineralisation instead of...