Physical medicine & rehabilitation
- BOOK REVIEWS: A CHILD IN PAIN: WHAT HEALTH PROFESSIONALS CAN DO TO HELP. // Contemporary Pediatrics;Sep2010, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p8
No abstract available.
- Online state of the art reviews: Neuropathic pain: mechanisms and their clinical implications. // BMJ: British Medical Journal;2/15/2014, Vol. 348 Issue 7945, p17
An introduction to the online journal section called "State of the Art Reviews" which will feature reviews of various clinical conditions such as neuropathic pain is presented.
- Ouch! We're a hurting group. // Massage Magazine;Jul/Aug2003, Issue 104, p36
Cites the result of a study pertaining to the pain sufferers in the U.S. Percentage of the population suffering from a certain kind of pain; Effects of pain on a person's daily life; Methods used for pain relief.
- ADVANCED PAIN CARE. // Austin Monthly;Sep2014, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p136
The article reports on Advanced Pain care in Austin, Texas, that offers the latest science-based treatment options.
- Little aches and pains. Houck, Catherine // Good Housekeeping;Jul97, Vol. 225 Issue 1, p53
Discusses how to soothe body pains. Causes of backpain, shoulder pains, knee pain and others; How knee pain can be alleviated; Period of recovery for people who experienced back pain; Best for relaxing muscles and relieving pain. INSETS: How to ice it.;Name that `itis'.;If you need a doctor...
- Everyone hurts. // U.S. News & World Report;11/13/95, Vol. 119 Issue 19, p28
Gives data on pain. Most common forms of chronic pain; Number of Americans with arthritis; Over-the-counter pain relievers; Bank pain and chiropractors; Acupuncture treatment; Surgical anesthetics used in the 19th century.
- Speaking of pain. Berkman, Sue // Arthritis Today;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p44
Discusses the importance of using suitable words to describing pain in selecting pain treatment. Significance of pain words to diagnostic precision; Reasons why patients hesitate in using pain description; Potentials of terms in successful pain assessment. INSETS: Dear diary..;Words of pain..
- Neurex launches phase III program for SNX-111 for the treatment of chronic pain. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Oct96, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p311
Features the Neurex Corp.'s announcement on the Phase II/III program with the use of N-type neuron specific calcium blocker SNX-111 as safe and efficient in the reduction or elimination of pain in cancer and AIDS patients. Tests in treatment of chronic pain in conjunction with SynchroMed...
- Communicators of pain. Fenwick, Clare // Australian Nursing Journal;Nov96, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p28
Discusses the importance of proper management and treatment of pain. Need to listen to patients' expressions of pain; Appraisal of patients' condition; Researches on the subject.
- Compact Clinical Guide to Acute Pain Management: An Evidence-based Approach for Nurses. Bell, Linda // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2012, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p83
No abstract available.