Physical medicine & rehabilitation
- The carpenter's joint. Spark, Ronald P. // Cortlandt Forum;02/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p179
Describes the case of an 80-year old carpenter consulting with right lateral olecranon swelling of three weeks' duration resulting from banging his elbow while emerging from the bathtub. Examination of possible bursa resection; Treatment methodologies.
- Give your elbows room. Geraci, Ron // Men's Health;Nov97, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p62
Focuses on the cubital tunnel syndrome, the pinched nerve in the elbow. Cause of the syndrome; Symptoms of the illness.
- A sarcoma at the site of previous extravasation of adriamycin. Ceulemans, Joris; Dewever, Ivo; Sciot, Raf; Debiec-Rychter, Maria; van Oosterom, Allan T. // Sarcoma;Dec2002, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p135
We report the case of a 66-year-old man presenting with a high-grade pleomorphic sarcoma at the left elbow 16 years after the extravasation of adriamycin given for a malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the tibia. We suggest that this sarcoma originated in a multistep way over many years, out of...
- 4. Elbow problems -- epicondylitis. // GP: General Practitioner;1/13/2003, p62
Focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of various elbow problems. Factors responsible for the development of epicondylitis; Difficulties associated with elbow osteoarthritis; Description of loose bodies in elbows.
- olecranarthritis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1626
A definition of the term "olecranarthritis" which refers to inflammation of the elbow joint is presented.
- olecranarthropathy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1626
A definition of the term "olecranarthropathy" which refers to disease of the elbow joint is presented.
- Pulled Elbow: A Study of 100 Patients. Illingworth, Cynthia M. // British Medical Journal;6/21/1975, Vol. 2 Issue 5972, p672
Investigates the diagnostic features of patients with pulled below in Great Britain. Age bracket of the children affected by the abnormality; Common site of pain; Implications for treatment.
- Ulnohumeral Arthroplasty for Primary Degenerative Arthritis of the Elbow. Antuña, Samuel A.; Morrey, Bernard F.; Adams, Robert A.; O'driscoll, Shawn W. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Dec2002, Vol. 84-A Issue 12, p2168
Background: Primary degenerative arthritis of the elbow is an uncommon disorder that recently has been more clearly recognized. The purpose of this study was to analyze the long-term results and complications of ulno-humeral arthroplasty as treatment of primary osteoarthritis of the elbow and to...
- Acute Ischaemia of the Upper Limb Due to Irradiation Arteriopathy. Bainbridge, Edward Thomas; Ashton, Frank // Vascular Surgery;Mar/Apr1985, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p107
A case is described of spontaneous brachial artery thrombosis occurring 37 years after irradiation of the elbow. Though irradiation arteriopathy is well recognised, this appears to be the first published example of involvement of the more distal arterial supply to the upper limb. Despite...