Physical medicine & rehabilitation
- Other tunnels, other nerves. // British Medical Journal;7/3/1976, Vol. 2 Issue 6026, p3
Examines the possible causes of damage to the median nerve in the carpal tunnel. Exposure of some nerves to damage by outside pressure; Compression of a nerve trunk by lesions; Documentation of tarsal tunnel nerve compression.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: the painful hand. Pinette, Gilles // Windspeaker;Aug2000, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on the carpal tunnel syndrome. Symptoms of the condition; Causes of the syndrome; Prevention and treatment of the median nerve injury.
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan; Schein, Jerome D. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Aug94, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p245
Abstracts the study `Acute Median Nerve Dysfunction from Wheelchair Propulsion: The Development of a Model and Study of the Effect of Hand Protection,' by R. Burnham, M. Chan, et al, in the `Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.' Demonstration of a model for measuring acute median...
- Primary Familial Bilateral Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Gray, Robert G.; Poppo, Martin J.; Gottlieb, Norman L. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jul79, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p37
Presents information on a study which identified bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome in a nonconsanguineous family. Characteristics of carpal tunnel syndrome; Definition of carpal tunnel syndrome; Operative findings in kindred with bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Example of an Ortho-pinion. ROHDE, RACHEL S. // AAOS Now;Jan2013, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p47
The article provides information on carpal tunnel syndrome which is numbness, loss of sensation, or a burning feeling in the hand caused by pressure on the median nerve in the wrist.
- Abstracts of Current Literature. Talbott, Nancy R. // Physical Therapy;Dec1999, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p1226
Presents an abstract of the article `Prevalence of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in a General Population,' by I. Atroshi, C. Gummesson, et al. published in the 1999 issue of the `Journal of American Medical Association.'
- Putting the wrist at risk. Deas, Gerald W. // New York Amsterdam News;7/28/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 30, p30
The article offers information on carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS), which is caused by a compression of the median nerve, which leaves the spinal cord and travels down the arm, affecting the wrist.
- A review of carpal tunnel syndrome in pregnancy. Rozette, Claire; Houghton-Clemmey, Rob // British Journal of Midwifery;Mar2003, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p136
Discusses the revision of the anatomy and pathology of carpal tunnel syndrome in pregnancy. Symptoms and signs of carpal tunnel syndrome; History and prevalence of carpal tunnel syndrome in pregnancy; Aetiology of carpal tunnel syndrome in pregnancy.
- Do you have carpal tunnel? Cohen, Sharon; Acosta, Kim; Potera, Carol // Shape;Oct2004, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p112
Presents information on carpal tunnel syndrome.