The first South African International Symposium on Developmental, Cell & Molecular Biology
Tags: TRANSCRIPTION factors
- A general mechanism for transcriptional synergy by eukaryotic activators. Tianhuai Chi; Lieberman, Paul // Nature;9/21/1995, Vol. 377 Issue 6546, p254
Suggests a unifying mechanism for gene activation and synergy by acidic and non-acidic activators. Indication that synergy is manifested at the earliest stage of preinitiation complex assembly; ZEBRA as a stimulant in the mechanism of transcriptional synergy.
- Interaction with RAP74 subunit of TFIIF is required for transcriptional activation by seru... Joliot, Veronique; Demma, Mark // Nature;2/16/1995, Vol. 373 Issue 6515, p632
Shows that the general transcription factor TFIIF is also a target for a transcriptional activator, namely serum response factor (SRF), which binds to the c-fos promoter. Use of yeast interaction assay; Binding of RAP74 subunit of TFIIF by SRF; SRF's transcriptional activation domain.
- Crystal structure of the GreA transcript cleavage factor from Escherichia coli. Stebbins, Charles E.; Borukhov, Sergei // Nature;2/16/1995, Vol. 373 Issue 6515, p636
Reports the crystal structure of GreA at 2.2 ... resolution. Amino-terminal domain contained in structure; Direct role of site near tip of coiled-coil `finger' in transcript cleavage reaction; Exhibition of unusual asymmetric charge distribution.
- Discovering multiple realistic TFBS motifs based on a generalized model. // BMC Bioinformatics;2009, Vol. 10, p321
Background: Identification of transcription factor binding sites (TFBSs) is a central problem in Bioinformatics on gene regulation. de novo motif discovery serves as a promising way to predict and better understand TFBSs for biological verifications. Real TFBSs of a motif may vary in their...
- Transcription factor site dependencies in human, mouse and rat genomes. // BMC Bioinformatics;2009, Vol. 10, p339
Background: It is known that transcription factors frequently act together to regulate gene expression in eukaryotes. In this paper we describe a computational analysis of transcription factor site dependencies in human, mouse and rat genomes. Results: Our approach for quantifying tendencies of...
- Molecular Markers of Endometrial Epithelial Cell Mitogenesis Mediated by the Sp/Kr�ppel-Like Factor BTEB1. Simmen, Rosalia C.M.; Zhang, Xue-Lian; Michel, Frank J.; Min, Seok Hong; Zhao, Ge; Simmen, Frank A. // DNA & Cell Biology;Feb2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p115
Basic transcription element binding (BTEB1) protein is one of at least 20 Sp/KLF family members that function as transcriptional activators or repressors by binding to GC/GT-rich sequences within target genes to influence cellular homeostasis in mammals. Previously, we demonstrated that...
- Regulation of p100 (NFKB2) expression in human monocytes in response to inflammatory mediators and lymphokines. de Wit, H; Dokter, W H A; Koopmans, S B; Lummen, C; van der Leij, M; Smit, J W; Vellenga, E // Leukemia (08876924);Mar98, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p363
The transcription factor NF-?B plays an important role in the regulated expression of cytokines in human monocytes. A p100 subunit of NF-?B has I?B-like properties by sequestering the p65 transactivating subunit in the cytosol of cells. In transient transfection assays we demonstrated that p100...
- The myeloid zinc finger gene (MZF-1) delays retinoic acid-induced apoptosis and differentiation in myeloid leukemia cells. Robertson, K A; Hill, D P; Kelley, M R; Tritt, R; Crum, B; Van Epps, S; Srour, E; Rice, S; Hromas, R // Leukemia (08876924);May98, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p690
The myeloid zinc finger gene, MZF-1, is a hematopoietic transcription factor expressed in developing myeloid cells. To characterize further the role of MZF-1 in myelopoiesis, we used retroviral gene transduction to overexpress MZF-1 in HL-60 cells to produce HL-60-MZF-1 cells. HL-60 cells...
- Concamitant expression of the rare E1/A3 and B2/A3 types of BCR/ABL transcript in a chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) patient. Martinelli, G; Amabile, M; Terragna, C; Testoni, N; Ottaviani, E; Montefusco, V; de Vivo, A; Baccarani, M; Ricci, P; Saglio, G; Tura, S // Leukemia (08876924);Sep99, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p1463
Examines the concomitant expression of the rare E1/A3 and B2/A3 types of BCR/ABL fusion proteins transcript in a chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) patient. Fusions expressed by BCR/ABL transcripts in the CML patients; Identification of a rare breakpoint in the patients.