Long-term estrogen replacement lowers all-cause mortality
- Rethinking Postmenopausal HRT. Kuritzky, Louis // Internal Medicine Alert;5/15/2011 Supplement 3, p71
The article focuses on a research study regarding the effectiveness of the hormone replacement therapy for postmenopausal women.
- Researchers explore DHEA for postmenopausal health. Pirisi, Angela // Life Extension;Feb2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p22
Investigates the importance of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) on postmenopausal health. Reduction in depression and anxiety symptoms; Role of DHEA in regulating several endocrine functions; Effect of strogenic activity on hormone secretion.
- Metabolic effects of hormone replacement regimens. // American Family Physician;7/1/96, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p302
Reports on a study conducted by the British Medical Research Council published in the 1996 issue of the `British Medical Journal' periodical concerning the metabolic effects of hormone replacement regimens for postmenopausal women. Comparison of the acceptability, side effects and metabolic...
- Effect of Hormone Replacement Therapy on Aortic Function. Apgar, Barbara // American Family Physician;11/01/96, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p2078
Presents a summary of the article `Effects of estrogen and progestin on aortic size and compliance in postmenopausal women,' by G.D. Giraud, et al from `American Journal of Obstetrics Gynecology' dated 1996. Methodology of the study; Findings of the study; Speculation on the effect of hormone...
- Venous thromboembolism and hormone therapy. Walling, Anne D. // American Family Physician;02/15/97, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p957
Focuses on three studies conducted by E. Daly, H. Jick, F. Grodstein, J.P. Vandenbroucke, F.M. Helmerhorst, et al, published in 1996 editions of the `Lancet' periodical, which discussed the relationship between venous thromboembolism and hormone therapy. How the studies were conducted; How...
- Individualizing hormone therapy. // American Family Physician;02/15/97, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p970
Focuses on a study that was published in the November, 1996, edition of `The Practitioner' periodical, which highlighted the absolute contraindications to hormone replacement therapy in menopausal women. Complications associated with hormone replacement therapy.
- Management of menopause. Hammond, Charles B. // American Family Physician;4/1/97, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p1667
Presents options for menopausal treatment and defines the potential role of hormone therapy. Ovarian as primary deficit at menopause; How menstrual cycles become irregular in the interval before menopause; Common problems before and after menopause; Long-term hormone prophylactic treatment for...
- Options and Issues in Managing Menopause. Murray, Jane L. // American Family Physician;03/01/2000, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p1285
Editorial. Discusses issues on managing perimenopausal and menopausal patients. Resources available for menopause patients; Impact of the hormone replacement therapy on patients and physicians.
- Managing menopause: a critical feminist engagement: original article. Guillemin, Marilys // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;12/31/99, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p273
Feminist critiques of menopause have been beneficial in opening up important public health debates around menopause. One of the most contentious public health issues concerns the use of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) for the prevention of osteoporosis, heart disease and, more recently,...
- Hormone treatment brings benefits and risks. Speert, Marc // Drug Store News;9/22/97, Vol. 19 Issue 15, pCP15
No abstract available.