Changes in psychological variables and health behaviors by dieting status over a three-year
Tags: REDUCING diets
- Read this on November 26! Houck, Catherine // Cosmopolitan;Nov93, Vol. 215 Issue 5, p34
Presents facts about dietary habits. Occurrence of lapses to anyone trying to change behavior; Importance of vigilance concerning planned dietary habit; Ignoring hunger pangs as a way to avoid eating.
- Dieter's notebook. Houck, Catherine // Cosmopolitan;Jan1995, Vol. 218 Issue 1, p48
Presents guidelines for weight-reducing diets. Dried egg whites; Dieting with husband; Coffee; Workouts.
- Don't count on willpower. Houck, Catherine // Cosmopolitan;Jul95, Vol. 219 Issue 1, p56
Suggests ways to effectively stay on a diet. Avoidance of keeping trigger foods in the house; Avoidance of going to a supermarket on an empty stomach; Avoidance of buying cookies and frozen yogurt in large quantities; Bypassing of mall areas wafting the aroma of pizza.
- Self-discipline will get you there. Houck, Catherine // Cosmopolitan;Mar1996, Vol. 220 Issue 3, p77
Reports on the importance of self-discipline in dieting. Precision of goals; Search for role models.
- Dieter's notebook. Houck, Catherine // Cosmopolitan;Aug96, Vol. 221 Issue 2, p52
Provides information about dieting. Versatility of the fruit peach; Calorie-burning walk; Dehydration in hot weather; Warning signals for dieters in danger of regaining their weight.
- Dieter's notebook. Houck, Catherine // Cosmopolitan;Oct96, Vol. 221 Issue 4, p64
Reports on developments concerning women's diets and dieting. Includes merits of exercising in burning up calories; Prevention of emotional eating; Healthy preparation for pancakes for breakfast.
- A cost-per-pound guide to diet programs. // Environmental Nutrition;Feb1993, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p7
Lists the cost per pound of foods in different diet programs. Liquid diets of Medifast, Health Management Resources, Optifast and United Weight Control; Meal plans of Weight Watchers Diet Center, Registered Dietitian counseling, Nutri/System and Jenny Craig.
- Winners or losers? EN reviews the top weight-loss programs. Ward, Elizabeth M. // Environmental Nutrition;Feb1994, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p1
Part II. Reviews commercial weight-loss programs. Liquid meal replacements; Control of regular food eaten; Purchase of pre-packaged foods; Support groups without endorsement of a particular diet; Points to consider before joining a weight-loss program. INSET: Some swear to tell the truth., by...
- A comparison of popular weight-loss programs. Ward, Elizabeth M. // Environmental Nutrition;Feb1994, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p4
Compares popular weight-loss programs. Approach or methods used; Staff composition; Expected weight-loss or length of program; Cost; Healthy lifestyle components; Advantages and disadvantages; Availability.
- The hype & hope of liquid diets. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Oct94, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p7
Offers information on liquid diets. Lack of scientific evaluation; Types of diets based on daily consumption of a powdered nutritional supplement typically mixed with water or milk; Advertisements of very low calorie diets; Diet's recommendation that users consume a normal daily meal from the...