Stroke: Simple scoring system detects nonhemorrhagic infarcts
- Acute ischaemic stroke. Gubitz, Gord // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);03/11/2000, Vol. 320 Issue 7236, p692
Presents a study on acute ischaemic stroke. Definition of stroke; Percentage of acute strokes caused by cerebral infarction; Effects of specialized care in people with stroke; Effect of medical treatment, such as trombolysis, in acute ischaemic stroke.
- Incidence, manifestations, and predictors of brain infarcts defined by serial cranial magnetic resonance imaging in the elderly: the Cardiovascular Health Study. // Current Medical Literature: Stroke Review;2003, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p48
Studies the incidence, manifestations and predictors of brain infarcts defined by serial cranial magnetic resonance imaging in the elderly. Infarcts related to cognitive decline; Severity of white matter changes.
- Migraine and risk of ischaemic stroke: a case-control study. Tzourio, Christophe; Iglesias, Serge; Hubert, Jean-Baptiste; Visy, Jean-Marc; Alperovitch, Annick; Tehindrazanarivelo, Alain; Biousse, Valerie; Woimant, France; Bousser, Marie-Germaine // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/31/93, Vol. 307 Issue 6899, p289
Investigates the influence of migraine on the development of ischaemic stroke in Paris, France. Use of brain computed tomography in ischaemic stroke detection; Correlation between migraine and cerebral infarction; Relationship between migraine and stroke.
- The importance of brain infarct size and location in predicting outcome after stroke. Beloosesky, Y.; Streifler, J.Y. // Age & Ageing;Nov95, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p515
Correlates the brain infarct size and location as measured by computerized tomographic scan with the functional outcome following stroke in elderly patients. Subjects of the study; Grading of functional status according to the modified Rankin scale; Stroke risk factors; Comparison of functional...
- The Influence of Hyperglycemia on the Outcome of Cerebral Infarction. Matchar, David B.; Divine, George W.; Heyman, Albert; Feussner, John R. // Annals of Internal Medicine;9/15/92, Vol. 117 Issue 6, p449
Presents information on a study that determined whether hyperglycemia in the acute stroke period is associated with worse survival and functional outcome after accounting for acute stress response and chronic hyperglycemia. Methodology; Results and discussion; Conclusion.
- Literature Review: MISCELLANEOUS. // Current Medical Literature: Stroke Review;2003, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p114
Discusses abstracts of articles on stroke. Cause-specific mortality after first cerebral infarction; Donepezil in vascular dementia.
- Migraine and cerebral infarction in young people. Camerlingo, Massimo; Romorini, A.; Ferrante, C.; Valente, L.; Moschini, L. // Neurological Sciences;Jun2010, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p293
The objective of this study is to investigate relationship between migraine and cerebral infarction in young people. Patients aging 16ï¿½44 years, referred for stroke and age- and gender-matched controls were investigated for migraine following the International Headache Society criteria....
- Stroke in Young Adults. Louis, Sydney; McDowell, Fletcher // Annals of Internal Medicine;May67, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p932
Examines several stroke patients who had a clinical episode of cerebral infarction at age 50 years or younger. Information on atherosclerosis; Factors that accelerate the development of atherosclerosis or cerebral infarction; Correlations between the presence of hypertension, peripheral...
- Brain abscess complicating cerebral infarct. Beloosesky, Yichayaou; Y. Streifler, Jonathan; Eynan, Nachman; Grinblat, Joseph // Age & Ageing;Nov2002, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p477
Presents a case of a 68-year old man who suffered sachemic strokes in the left middle cerebral artery territory and developed a cerebral abscess in the infarcted area. Factors that increase the risk of stroke; Indication of the combination of a sudden onset of a right dense hemiparesis with...