The Effect of Imagery Function and Imagery Direction on Self-Efficacy and Performance on a Golf-Putting Task
- The Instant Stroke-Smoother. Filmalter, Marius; Denunzio, David; Chwasky, Michael // Golf Magazine;Nov2010, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p25
The article presents golf instruction on putting, focusing on means of reducing the physical results of tension.
- Perfect Putts In Five Steps. Filmalter, Marius // Golf Magazine;Dec2010, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p54
The article presents golf instruction on putting, offering advice on coping with the psychological stress it creates.
- Beat the Green Freeze. Filmalter, Marius; Golf, Marius; Dallas; Tex; www.mariusgolf.com; DENUNZIO, DAVID; CHWASKY, MICHAEL // Golf Magazine;May2011, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p78
The article presents golf instruction on putting, offering a practice drill to mitigate the psychological stress of putting.
- One and Done. // Sports Illustrated;4/18/2011, Vol. 114 Issue 16, p22
The article focuses on golfer Charl Schwartzel, who discusses his thinking while putting for a victory in the 2011 Masters Golf Tournament.
- BOOST YOUR CONFIDENCE ON THE GREENS. SERGIO GARCIA has won 24 professional tournaments worldwide; DeNunzio, David; Chwasky, Michael // Golf Magazine;Jun2013, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p81
The article focuses on golfer Sergio Garcia, who discusses an improvement in his putting in 2012-2013 and attributes it to the psychological effect of altering his grip.
- SWEPT UP. PEPPER, DOTTIE // Sports Illustrated;4/25/2011, Vol. 114 Issue 17, pG12
The author offers opinions on golf and golfers including qualified praise for the long-handled putter golf club used by some golfers and on the psychological impact of having an exceptionally bad score on one hole.
- Read our minds. Abrahams, Jonathan // Golf Magazine;Mar93, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p138
Features advice from five professional golfers on the best golf swings for four tough situations. Mental strategies; The 2-foot putt; The 10-foot downhill, left to right shot; The 60-yard wedge; 10 extra yards; Advice from Greg Norman, Raymond Floyd, Curtis Strange, Peter Jacobsen and Arnold...
- The Effect of Imagery Function and Imagery Direction on Self-Efficacy and Performance on a Golf-Putting Task. Short, Sandra E.; Bruggeman, Jared M.; Engel, Scott G.; Marback, Tracy L.; Wang, Lori J.; Willadsen, Anders; Short, Martin W. // Sport Psychologist;Mar2002, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p48
Examines the influence of imagery function and imagery direction on self-efficacy and performance in gulf putting. Types of imagery functions and directions; Use of a Club Champ automatic putting system; Application of the Movement Imagery Questionnaire.
- The Effects of Preshot Routines on Putting. // Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology;Mar1988, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p8
The article presents a summary of a research study titled "The effect of a preshot attentional routine on a well-learned skill," published in the "International Journal of Sport Psychology." The researchers sought to examine the effect of a preshot routine in the putting performance of male and...