Helical computed tomographic results indicated small-to-moderate changes in the probability of pulmonary embolism
- Helical computed tomography (CT) is safe as the primary diagnostic test in suspected pulmonary embolism (PE). Sathyapala, A. // Thorax;May2003, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p443
Reports on the use of helical computed tomography (CT) as the primary diagnostic test in suspected pulmonary embolism in patients. Advantages of helical CT; Efficiency of helical CT in providing an alternative diagnosis for symptoms in patients.
- Short term clinical outcome of acute saddle pulmonary embolism. Pruszczyk, P.; Pacho, R.; Ciurzynski, M.; Kurzyna, M.; Burakowska, B.; Tomkowski, W.; Bochowicz, A.; Torbicki, A. // Heart;Mar2003, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p335
Discusses the application of spiral computed tomography to improve diagnosis of acute pulmonary embolism. Visualization of saddle thromboemboli at the level of bifurcation of the pulmonary trunk; Management of the patients according to routine procedures; Types of therapeutic options used in...
- Spiral computed tomography for acute pulmonary embolism. Hiorns, Melanie P.; Mayo, John R. // Canadian Association of Radiologists Journal;Dec2002, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p258
Examines the usefulness of spiral computed tomography for patients suspected of acute pulmonary embolism. Imaging algorithms; Rate of confident diagnosis.
- Performance of Helical Computed Tomography in Unselected Outpatients with Suspected Pulmonary Embolism. Perrier, Arnaud; Howart, Nigel; Didier, Dominique; Loubeyre, Pierre; Unger, Pierre-Francois; de Moerloose, Philippe; Slosman, Daniel; Junod, Alain; Bounameaux, Henri // Annals of Internal Medicine;7/17/2001, Vol. 135 Issue 2, p88
Assesses the sensitivity and specificity of helical computed tomography (CT) in suspected pulmonary embolism. Diagnostic criteria for pulmonary embolism; Comparison between helical CT with other diagnostic tests; Combined strategies that included helical CT.
- Imaging pulmonary embolism. Hansell, David M.; Flower, Christopher D.R. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);02/14/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7130, p490
Editorial. Examines the spiral computed tomography as a method of diagnosing pulmonary embolism. Comparison of the technique to pulmonary arteriography; Imperfections of the method; Cost effectiveness of spiral computed tomography.
- Excluding pulmonary embolism with helical (spiral) computed tomography: Evidence is catching up with enthusiasm. Kearon, Clive // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;5/27/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 11, p1430
Discusses the use of helical computed tomography (CT) in the diagnosis of pulmonary embolism. Benefits of using helical CT technology; Advantage of helical CT over ventilation-perfusion scanning; Information on studies regarding the use of helical CT in diagnosing pulmonary embolism.
- Is spiral (helical) computed tomography useful for diagnosing pulmonary embolism? Kane, Kevin Y.; Ellis, Mark R. // Journal of Family Practice;May2000, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p467
The article discusses a study conducted by researchers M. D. Mullins, D. M. Becker, K. D. Hagspiel and J. T. Philbrick in 2000 concerning the usefulness of spiral computed tomography (CT) in diagnosing pulmonary embolism (PE). The accepted gold standard for diagnosing PE is pulmonary angiography...
- The Role of Spiral Computed Tomography in the Assessment of Patients with Suspected Pulmonary Embolism. Van Erkel, A. R.; Pattynama, P. M. T. // Clinical & Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis;Oct1999, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p225
Presents a study which focused on the role of spiral computed tomography in the assessment of patients with suspected pulmonary embolism. Principles of contrast-enhanced spiral computed tomography of the pulmonary arteries; Accuracy of spiral computed tomography for pulmonary embolism;...
- Helical Computed Tomography as a Test for Pulmonary Embolism. Perrier, Arnaud; Bounameaux, Henri // Annals of Internal Medicine;12/2/2003, Vol. 139 Issue 11, p955
Comments on the article by Huisman et.al. on the use of helical computed tomography as a test for pulmonary embolism. Effects of ultrasonography; Alternative diagnosis; Effectiveness of alternative radiologic diagnoses.