Review: Varicella vaccination is effective in children
- IMMUNISATION: the facts. Phelps, Kerryn // Australian Women's Weekly;Mar2003, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p163
Presents some facts about immunization of children. Effectiveness of chickenpox vaccine; Cost of meningococcus vaccine; Vaccination of women planning to get pregnant.
- Herpesvirus Vaccines: An Update. Jennings, R.; Green, T.; Kinghorn, G.R. // BioDrugs;1998, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p257
The development of vaccines against the herpesviruses has major public health importance because of the wide spectrum of associated clinical disease with this virus in both immunocompetent and immunocompromised populations. Because these viruses establish latent infections capable of subsequent...
- Varicella-Related Deaths--United States, 2002. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;6/13/2003, Vol. 52 Issue 23, p545
Summarizes clinical data for one adult and one child from Kansas and Illinois who died because of varicella. Vaccinations recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices to prevent the spread of varicella; Background on varicella; Number of...
- stop THE SPOTS. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);11/4/2002, p46
Provides information on chickenpox. Details on how a person can acquire the disease; Significance of vaccination in preventing the spread of the disease.
- ARE YOU STILL AT RISK OF THE POX? Bell, Kate // Cleo;Nov2002, Issue 361, p228
Provides information on chickenpox. Vaccine for chickenpox prevention.
- Call to use herpes zoster vaccine in older people. // Pulse;5/5/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 15, p9
The article reports on the result of a study made by U.S. researchers which revealed that herpes zoster vaccine should be routinely used to protect older people from shingles.
- SURVEILLANCE ON VARICELLA IN EXTREMADURA, SPAIN, THROUGH THE SENTRY SYSTEM. Blanco, G. C.; Macho, P. V.; Diaz, M. M. A.; Fernández, C. R.; Aceitero, J. M. R. // Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health;Aug2004 Supplement 1, Vol. 58, pA74
The objective of this study was to know the epidemiology of varicella in the autonomous region of Extremadura, Spain, and to decide on the convenience, need and efficiency of implanting strategies of vaccination. During the period 2001-2003 varicella was surveyed by a random selection of 26...
- Immunity to Ocular and Genital Herpes Simplex Viruses Infections. Chentoufi, Aziz Alami; BenMohamed, Lbachir; De Perre, Philippe Van; Ashkar, Ali A. // Clinical & Developmental Immunology;2012, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including human herpesviruses, herpes vaccine development, and mucosal immunity.
- Cost-Effectiveness of Herpes Zoster Vaccine: Flawed Assumptions Regarding Efficacy against Postherpetic Neuralgia. Brisson, Marc; Pellissier, James M.; Levin, Myron J. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;12/1/2007, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p1527
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the study by M. B. Rothberg and colleagues which examines the cost effectiveness of a vaccine to prevent herpes zoster and postherpetic neuralgia (PHN).