Dietary fiber supplementation with psyllium or gum arabic reduced fecal incontinence in community-living adults
- Journal scan. Welyczko, Nikki // Gastrointestinal Nursing;Feb2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p11
The article offers research updates as of February 1, 2012. A survey revealed various approaches assessing the treatment of feacal incontinence, which includes incontinence pads, barrier creams and faecal management systems. A study reveals that intake of dietary fibre and whole grains results...
- Diagnosis and management of fecal incontinence in elderly... Hirsh, Tina; Lembo, Tony // American Family Physician;10/1/1996, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p1559
Focuses on the diagnosis and management of fecal incontinence in elderly patients. Definition of fecal incontinence; Factors responsible for the maintenance of fecal continence; What is necessary for continence; Psychosocial complications associated with fecal incontinence; Clinical evaluation...
- Erratum to: Sacral Neuromodulation: Does It Affect the Rectoanal Angle in Patients with Fecal Incontinence? Uludağ, Ö.; Koch, S.; Vliegen, R.; Dejong, C.; Gemert, W.; Baeten, C. // World Journal of Surgery;May2010, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p1115
A correction to the article "Sacral Neuromodulation: Does It Affect the Rectoanal Angle in Patients with Fecal Incontinence?" that was published in the March 2010 issue, is presented.
- ENCOPRESIS EDUCATION... [including commentary by Stephen M. Borowitz]. Pipan, Mary // Contemporary Pediatrics;Nov2015, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p36
The article discusses how the management of fecal incontinence starts with recognizing that it is usually a physiologic problem. Topics covered include developmental pediatrics, children with encopresis, and chronic constipation. Also mentioned are stool impaction, the combination of oral...
- Constipation Is Also an Important Cause of Fecal Incontinence in Old People. Tae Hee Lee // Journal of Neurogastroenterology & Motility;Jul2012, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p345
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "prevalence and predictive factors of fecal incontinence" in the July 2012 issue, which discusses the cause of fecal incontinence in old people.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Bowel Incontinence. // Exceptional Parent;Oct2010, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p38
The article presents questions and answers related to bowel incontinence including how bowel incontinence occur, the ways to manage bowel incontinence, and treatments that restore bowel incontinence.
- Outpatient fecal incontinence treatment emerges. // Journal of Business (10756124);1/16/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p28
In this article, colorectal surgeon at Maywood, Illinois-based Loyola University Health System Dana Hayden discusses the significance of outpatient procedure for fecal incontinence, accidental bowel leakage, which could result in reducing the social behavior of people.
- ERRATUM. // Surgical Innovation;Jun2005, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p182
No abstract available.
- Help the canine mind! MORAN, PEGGY // Dog World;Jan1999, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p138
Suggests solutions for housesoiling dogs. Reason dogs eliminate in the house; Reason dogs assumed a cowed posture; Explanations invented by owners for their dogs' behavior; Reason dogs repeat certain behaviors even with disapproval; How to modify problem-dog behavior; Solution to the...