Home monitoring service was more effective than usual care in patients with essential hypertension
- MEDALERT. // RN;Jan79, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p95
Presents news briefs on drugs and medical care as of January 1979. Reactions experienced by the sex partner of a male patient treated with topical steroids to treat lesions of his penis; Effects of propranolol for children who have high blood pressure; Side effects of tretinoin used by patients...
- VIEWS. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/18/91, Vol. 302 Issue 6786, p1218
Reports on developments in the field of medicine as of May 1991. Corrrelation between high blood pressure and only children; The serious heart disease problems that affect residents of Pakistan; The choice between beta blockers and thiazide for the treatment of mild hypertension.
- What has happened to malignant hypertension? A disease no longer vanishing. Edmunds, E; Beevers, D G; Lip, G Y H // Journal of Human Hypertension;Mar2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p159
Discusses the progress in clinical efforts for the treatment of malignant hypertension. Impact of improvements in the screening of the disease on the ability of medical practitioners to treat the disease; Risk factors associated with the disease; Factors contributing to the development of the...
- Treatment of hypertension: review necessary after screening. Ross, Melvin // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);2/8/1986, Vol. 292 Issue 6517, p384
Reports the treatment changes for hypertension. Measurement of diastolic and systolic pressure; Importance of regular screening programs; Achievement of satisfactory result.
- The PANDORA project: results of the cost of illness analysis. Degli Esposti, E; Berto, P; Ruffo, P; Buda, S; Degli Esposti, L; Sturani, A // Journal of Human Hypertension;May2001, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p329
Aims: To evaluate the cost of illness from hypertension for the Italian National Health System (NHS). Methods and Results: A prospective analysis was carried out on clinical and economic data recorded in the general practitioners' (GPs) database. Twenty-one GPs working in the Ravenna area in...
- Hypertension Treatment at the Crossroads: A Role for Economics? Arno, Peter S.; Viola, Deborah // American Journal of Hypertension;Nov2013, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p1257
The article discusses various reports published within the issue which includes topics economic impact of hypertension (HTN), impact of medical practice on healthcare delivery, costs and outcomes, and clinical practice of plasma renin activity (PRA) as a treatment strategy for HTN.
- Initial Cost of Care Results in Medically Supervised Water-Only Fasting for Treating High Blood Pressure and Diabetes. Goldhamer, Alan C. // Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine;Dec2002, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p696
Discusses issues related to high blood pressure (HBP). Reason that there are no medication options for hypertensive patients; Effect of water fasting on hypertension; Cost of care outcomes for group of patients with HBP and/or diabetes.
- PASS NOTES. // GP: General Practitioner;4/7/2003, p48
British Hypertension Society guidelines aims to present the best currently available evidence on hypertension management and recommend starting treatment on the basis of risk rather than blood pressure for patients with borderline hypertension. The guidelines recommend that all adults should...
- CORRECTION. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;5/7/2014, Vol. 311 Issue 17, p1809
A correction to the article "2014 Evidence-based Guideline for the Management of High Blood Pressure in Adults: Report From the Panel Members Appointed to the Eighth Joint National Committee (JNC 8)" that was published in the February 5, 2014 issue is presented.