Review: Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors reduce the progression of nondiabetic renal disease
- ACE genotype and ACE inhibitors induced renoprotection in chronic proteinuric nephropathies. Perna, Annalisa; Ruggenenti, Piero; Testa, Alessandra; Spoto, Belinda; Benini, Roberto; Misefari, Valerio; Remuzzi, Giuseppe; Zoccali, Carmine // Kidney International;Jan2000, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p274
Examines the effect of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) gene polymorphism on disease progression. Response of patients to ACE inhibitor therapy in nondiabetic proteinuric nephropathies; Relationship between insertion genotypes and proteinuria; Decline of glomerular filtration rate.
- From microalbuminuria to hyperhomocysteinemia. Robinson, Killian; Dennis, Vincent W. // Kidney International;Jul1998, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p281
Editorial. Examines the influence of microalbuminuria in the development of hyperhomocysteinemia in Denmark. Risk factor for cardiovascular diseases; Effectiveness of angiotensin converting enzyme in reducing the incidence of microalbuminuria; Complications of hyperhomocysteinemia.
- Benazepril plus amlodipine combination slowed progression to nephropathy. Brannon, Matthew // Endocrine Today;Mar2010, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p16
The article reports on the finding that a combination of the angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor benazepril and the calcium-channel blocker amlodipine may be effective in slowing the progression of chronic kidney disease.
- Renoprotective therapy: How good can it get? Hebert, Lee A. // Kidney International;Jan2000, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p343
Editorial. Focuses on the influence of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) genotype on renal disease outcome. Benefits of ACE inhibitor therapy in the function of diseased kidneys; Mechanisms promoting the progression of renal disease; Influence of the Ramipril Efficacy in Nephropathy study on...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme genotype and outcome in pediatric IgA nephropathy. Santos, Delos M.; Ault, Bettina H.; Gharavi, Ali G.; Kritchevsky, Stephen B.; Quasney, Michael W.; Jackson, Elizabeth C.; Fisher, Kimberly A.; Woodford, Susan Y.; Mitchell, Bonnie L.; Gaber, Lillian W.; Arheart, Kristopher L.; Wyatt, Robert J. // Pediatric Nephrology;Jul2002, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p496
Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) I/D polymorphism has been implicated as a genetic marker for progression of glomerular disease. Studies of ACE genotypes in adults with IgA nephropathy (IgAN) have yielded conflicting results. We performed ACE genotyping on 79 patients with IgAN diagnosed...
- Low-Dose Ramipril Safely Prevents Proteinuria. // Kidney;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p264
Tests the hypothesis that the impact of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors on plasma potassium could be minimized in patients with chronic renal disease and proteinuria by using very low doses. Effect of low-dose oral ramipril on plasma potassium in adult patients with proteinuria...
- ACE inhibitors benefit the kidneys, independent of BP-lowering. // Modern Medicine;Jul95, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p23
Reports on the benefits offered by angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors to patients with renal disease according to a study published in the May 22, 1995 issue of the `Archives of Internal Medicine.' Reducing proteinuria; Improving glomerular filtration rate; Efficacy in lowering mean...
- Diabetics draw an ACE. // Consumer Reports on Health;Apr94, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p41
Focuses on the medical value of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors in the prevention of kidney damaged caused by diabetes. Result of the research on people with type I diabetes; Prevention process of ACE inhibitors.
- Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitors and Progressive Renal Insufficiency. Keane, William F.; Anderson, Sharon; Aurell, Mattias; de Zeeuw, Dick; Narins, Robert G.; Povar, Gail // Annals of Internal Medicine;9/15/89, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p503
Analyzes the rationale for using angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors in progressive renal disease. Evaluation of the experience with ACE inhibitors in patients with hypertension and renal insufficiency; Factors in the progression of renal disease; Description of glomerular...