An early invasive strategy reduced the incidence of major cardiac events in patients with unstable coronary syndromes
- AUDIT OF THE USE OF GLYCOPROTEIN (GP) 118/IIIA RECEPTOR BLOCKERS BY UK INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOLOGISTS FOLLOWING THE PUBLICATION OF THE REVISED NICE GUIDANCE. Deepak, S. M.; Anantharaman, R.; Roberts, D. H. // Heart;May2004 Supplement 2, Vol. 90, pA41
This article focuses on a study that explores the use of glycoprotein (GP) IIb/IIIa receptor blockers by Great Britain interventional cardiologists following the publication of the revised NICE guidance. NICE guidance on the use of GP IIb/IIIa inhibitors in the treatment of acute coronary...
- Tailoring Use of Platelet Inhibitors. // USA Today Magazine;Oct2000, Vol. 129 Issue 2665, p6
Provides information on the use glycoprotein platelet inhibitor drugs to control acute coronary syndromes.
- Medical biochemistry. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97 Supplement, Vol. 20, pS48
Presents an abstract of the research manuscript `Comparison of the prevalence of mutant glycoprotein IIIa (PIA2) in early and late onset coronary heart disease,' by B.A. Nassar et al.
- Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors and acute coronary syndromes: summary report of the full submission to NICE, and beyond. MANOHARAN, G.; ADGEY, A. A. J. // Heart;Sep2001, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p259
The article discusses glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors and acute coronary syndromes which constitute a spectrum of clinical conditions. It provides an overview of several multicentre trials that utilized parenteral GP IIb/IIIa inhibitors as primary treatment in acute coronary syndromes. It is...
- Is There Still a Role for Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa Antagonists in Acute Coronary Syndromes? Iannetta, Loredana; Puddu, Paolo Emilio; Cuturello, Domenico; Saladini, Angela; Pellicano, Mariano; Schiariti, Michele // Cardiology Research;2013, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p1
The role played by glycoprotein (GP) IIb/IIIa inhibitors has continuously evolved from the initial introduction in mid 90 s until the most recent guidelines for treating acute coronary syndromes, and competed with a wider use of ADP inhibitors and novel anti-coagulant drugs, to the extent that...
- Poster presentations: 1. Clinical Genetics/Counselling. // Journal of Medical Genetics;Sep2002 Supplement, Vol. 39, pS41
Discusses the abstract of the research paper entitled 'Coronary artery aneurysms in Noonan Syndrome,' by Vadakke Kanakath, Ajith Kumar and M.A. Patton et al and presented during the British Human Genetics Conference at the University of York in England in September 2002.
- Review: Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors reduced death or MI in acute coronary syndromes not routinely scheduled for revascularization. Bates, Eric R. // ACP Journal Club;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 137 Issue 1, p2
Presents information on a study that examined the efficacy and safety of glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors in patients with acute coronary syndromes not routinely scheduled for early coronary revascularization. Data sources; Study selection; Data extraction; Main results; Conclusion.
- Efficacy of glycoprotein IIb/IIIa-receptor inhibitors during percutaneous coronary intervention. Cheng, Judy W.M. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;11/1/2002 Supplement 7, Vol. 59, p5
The clinical efficacy of glyco-protein (GP) IIb/IIIa-receptor inhibitors is discussed. Over the past 10 years, GP IIb/IIIa-receptor inhibitors have become the standard of care for patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI). Abciximab, a monoclonal antibody fragment inhibitor of...
- Antiplatelet treatment in unstable angina: aspirin, clopidogrel, glycoprotein IIb/IIa antagonist, or all three? Harding, S.A.; Boon, N.A.; Flapan, A.D. // Heart;Jul2002, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p11
Investigates several antiplatelet agents for acute coronary syndromes. Intravenous glycoprotein IIB/IIIA antagonists; Oral IIB/IIIA antagonists; Clopidogrel; Combination of clopidogrel and glycoprotein IIB/IIIA antagonists.