A study on social determinants of infant mortality in Malaysia
- Tendencia de la mortalidad por cÃ¡ncer en niÃ±os y adolescentes segÃºn grado de marginaciÃ³n en MÃ©xico (1990-2009). Escamilla-Santiago, Ricardo Antonio; Narro-Robles, José; Fajardo-Gutiérrez, Arturo; Rascón-Pacheco, Ramón Alberto; López-Cervantes, Malaquías // Salud PÃºblica de MÃ©xico;nov/dic2012, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p587
Objective. To determine childhood and adolescent cancer mortality by the level of marginalization in Mexico. Materials and methods. We used 1990-2009 death certificates estimating age-standardized rates. We calculated the Average Annual Percent Change (AAPC) using the Joinpoint Regression...
- Factors Influencing Infant Deaths In A Tribal Area Of South Gujarat. Patel, Amul; Chauhan, Savitri // National Journal of Integrated Research in Medicine;2012, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p96
Backgroud: : Background & objectives: With decrease in infant mortality rate, it becomes important to find out various types of determinants and their interplay leading to the infant deaths. This study was carried out with objective of finding out prevalence of environmental factors, factors...
- Determinantes sociales y disparidades de la morbilidad por enfermedades respiratorias agudas (ERA) en niÃ±as y niÃ±os de uno a cuatro aÃ±os en Colombia. Arrieta-Flórez, Rosaura; Esmeralda Caro-Gómez, Enna // Revista Gerencia y PolÃticas de Salud;ene-jun2010, Vol. 9 Issue 18, p137
This article describes the health status of children aged 1 to 4 years in Colombia and the presence of disparities, using Acute Respiratory Infections (ARI) as tracers. In second place it explains the social determinants of ARI and discusses the connection between social determinants of health,...
- "THE NATIONAL GAIN IS NIL": INFANT MORTALITY AS FAILED REPRODUCTION IN EARLY 20TH CENTURY ALBERTA. KALER, AMY // Canadian Journal of Sociology;2013, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p309
This article contributes to the sociology of vital statistics by examining the understandings of infant mortality which circulated in Alberta in the early 20th century. In those years, infant mortality came to be represented as an unnatural and unacceptable diminishment of Alberta's population...
- CAMBIOS DEMOGRÃFICOS EN UNA POBLACIÃ“N RURAL DE LA ETNIA TOBA DEL NORTE DE ARGENTINA. Lanza, Norberto; Valeggia, Claudia // Latin American Research Review;2014, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p107
The article discusses demographic trends among Toba Indians in the region of Gran Chaco, Argentina, focusing on a comparison to the general characteristics of the population in Latin America. Particular attention is given to the theory of demographic transition, which states that a process of...
- Troglodytes At The Gate. // Book Publishing Report;7/8/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p2
Continuation of first article.
- Abstracts. Ward-Smith, Peggy // Urologic Nursing;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p354
The article presents abstracts on medical topics which include the association between smoking and bladder cancer risk, hormonal testing and pharmacological treatment of erectile dysfunction, and the management of hand hygiene.
- Abstracts. // Age & Ageing;Jan2011 Supplement 1, Vol. 40 Issue suppl_1, pi1
No abstract available.
- research stat: abstracts from that pile of peer-reviewed journals on your desk. // Dermatology Times;Apr2011, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p21
The article presents abstracts on dermatology which include one regarding the association of 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors with issues on sexual health, one on the benefits of using near-infrared laser illumination for treating chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS), and one regarding the effectiveness of...