A study on social determinants of infant mortality in Malaysia
- Factors Influencing Infant Deaths In A Tribal Area Of South Gujarat. Patel, Amul; Chauhan, Savitri // National Journal of Integrated Research in Medicine;2012, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p96
Backgroud: : Background & objectives: With decrease in infant mortality rate, it becomes important to find out various types of determinants and their interplay leading to the infant deaths. This study was carried out with objective of finding out prevalence of environmental factors, factors...
- Tendencia de la mortalidad por cáncer en niños y adolescentes según grado de marginación en México (1990-2009). Escamilla-Santiago, Ricardo Antonio; Narro-Robles, José; Fajardo-Gutiérrez, Arturo; Rascón-Pacheco, Ramón Alberto; López-Cervantes, Malaquías // Salud Pública de México;nov/dic2012, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p587
Objective. To determine childhood and adolescent cancer mortality by the level of marginalization in Mexico. Materials and methods. We used 1990-2009 death certificates estimating age-standardized rates. We calculated the Average Annual Percent Change (AAPC) using the Joinpoint Regression...
- "THE NATIONAL GAIN IS NIL": INFANT MORTALITY AS FAILED REPRODUCTION IN EARLY 20TH CENTURY ALBERTA. KALER, AMY // Canadian Journal of Sociology;2013, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p309
This article contributes to the sociology of vital statistics by examining the understandings of infant mortality which circulated in Alberta in the early 20th century. In those years, infant mortality came to be represented as an unnatural and unacceptable diminishment of Alberta's population...
- Troglodytes At The Gate. // Book Publishing Report;7/8/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p2
Continuation of first article.
- Effect of eccentric contraction velocity on muscle damage in repeated bouts of elbow flexor exercise. Barroso, Renato; Roschel, Hamilton; Ugrinowitsch, Carlos; Ara�jo, Rubens; Nosaka, Kazunori; Tricoli, Valmor // Applied Physiology, Nutrition & Metabolism;Aug2010, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p534
Eccentric exercise induces muscle damage, but controversy exists concerning the effect of contraction velocity on the magnitude of muscle damage, and little is known about the effect of contraction velocity on the repeated-bout effect. This study examined slow (60��s-1) and fast...
- Abstracts. Ward-Smith, Peggy // Urologic Nursing;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p354
The article presents abstracts on medical topics which include the association between smoking and bladder cancer risk, hormonal testing and pharmacological treatment of erectile dysfunction, and the management of hand hygiene.
- Abstracts. // Age & Ageing;Jan2011 Supplement 1, Vol. 40 Issue suppl_1, pi1
No abstract available.
- research stat: abstracts from that pile of peer-reviewed journals on your desk. // Dermatology Times;Apr2011, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p21
The article presents abstracts on dermatology which include one regarding the association of 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors with issues on sexual health, one on the benefits of using near-infrared laser illumination for treating chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS), and one regarding the effectiveness of...
- Resources. Research digest. // Paediatric Nursing;Dec2010, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p10
The article presents abstracts of studies that examined methods of engaging fathers in children's health care, including "Many Fathers Visit the Child Health Care Centre, But Few Take Part in Parents' Groups," by A. C. Hallberg et al, "Including Fathers in Preventing Non-Accidental Head Injury,"...