Les nekketsu shonen mangas: une littÃ©rature hypermoderne
- Vertical to Start Manga Line; Add Staff. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;4/23/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 17, p10
The article presents an update on Vertical Inc., a publishing house specializing in Japanese literature and classic manga in New York City. Vertical is launching an imprint focusing on contemporary manga, with plans to add staff and increase the number of the Japanese popular culture titles on...
- Comic Market: How the World's Biggest Amateur Comic Fair Shaped Japanese Dojinshi Culture. FAN-YI LAM // Mechademia;2010, Vol. 5, p232
The article focuses on how the biannual Comic Market (Comike) in Tokyo, Japan has changed in response to the rising popularity of the dojinshi phenomenon and in particular what the emerging innovations of the Comike might mean for the future of the dojinshi culture. Literary dojin zasshi first...
- Teaching Japanese Popular Culture. Shamoon, Deborah // ASIANetwork Exchange;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p9
The article focuses on the study and teaching of Japanese popular culture in American colleges. It says that enrollment in Japanese courses were driven by the student interest in Japanese manga, video games, and anime, however, the demand for Japanese popular culture courses and the number of...
- Manga-ing up Shakespeare. // Multimedia Information & Technology;Aug2010, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p3
The article discusses the interactive whiteboard that is used in creating Manga characters.
- From the Editor. Kalbag, Chaitanya // Business Today;9/1/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including Hero MotoCorp., the most powerful and successful women in Indian business, and manga.
- Shakespeare Goes Manga. // Scholastic Scope;5/12/2008, Vol. 56 Issue 17, p5
The article reports on the availability of manga editions of William Shakespeare's plays including "Romeo & Juliet," "Hamlet," "Macbeth," and "Julius Caesar."
- Manga fuels iPhone demand. // Asian Pacific Post;7/24/2008, p29
The article focuses on the growing popularity of Apple iPhone in Japan because of its ability to display Japanese manga.
- Cleveland Teens' Top Ten Manga Series. Welch, Rollie // Young Adult Library Services;Spring2006, Vol. 4 Issue 3, Special section p11
A list on the top ten manga cartoon series for boys and girls in Cleveland, Ohio is presented.
- ROLE PLAY. // Dolly;Feb2010, Issue 471, p129
An interview with Christie, the winner of the Madman National Cosplay Championships, is presented discussing the influence of watching Chinese television shows while growing up to her fascination with Japanese manga and anime.