Computer Assisted Instruction - Where Are We? (book)
- Science & Literary SCORE! Prescott, Jennifer O. // Instructor;Mar2005, Vol. 114 Issue 6, p5
Introduces a series of articles about teaching, including timesaving technology solutions for lessons in science and across the curriculum.
- Building Better Web-based Learning Environments: Thinking in '3s'. Marschalek, Douglas G. // Art Education;Jul2002, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p13
Discusses areas that are essential to the design and fabrication of interactive web-based learning environments. Factors that can enhance the impact and meaning of images for interactive web-based learning environments; Important components to shape text information; Three types of project...
- Can Computers Teach Values? Braun Jr., Joseph A.; Slobodzian, Kurt A. // Educational Leadership;Apr82, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p508
Examines the effectiveness of personal computers in teaching values education in the United States. Attributes of computers that can facilitate the development of values; Conversation to illustrate how a computer can be used to help people think about their feelings and values; Significance of...
- The Endless CLASS. Taylor, Sarah Stewart // Community College Week;5/12/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p6
Focuses on the challenges of teaching online courses. Benefits of online courses; Complaints of teachers; Measures taken by some faculty organizations to address the demand and stresses unique to online teaching.
- Keeping the Education in Online Education. Hameroff, Glenn // Community College Week;5/12/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p10
Presents an article on online teaching. Skills learned from classroom teaching; Reaction to teaching on the Internet; Lessons learned from the experience.
- Instructional design of computer-assisted instruction for use with students who have mild (...). // Teaching Exceptional Children;Spring95, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p77
Guides the teachers on the ways to select specific programs to support their instructional goals. Characteristic features of effective software; Discussion on application of computer-assisted instruction in specific instructional activities.
- Teachers + technology = 2 million better students. // World Monitor;Feb93, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p8
Discusses the new National Teacher Training Institute for Science, Television, and Technology established by New York public television (Thirteen/WNET), Texaco Inc., and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. How it teaches teachers to integrate technology into the classroom; How the program...
- ENGAGING AND SUPPORTING PROBLEM SOLVING IN ONLINE LEARNING. Jonassen, David H. // Quarterly Review of Distance Education;Spring2002, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p13
Provides information on the problems in implementing online learning. Comparison between online and face-to-face instruction; Discussion of the methods of teaching and the elements in student learning; Problem solving techniques in online learning.
- Technology in the classroom. Baker, Warren; Hale, Thomas // Educom Review;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p42
Provides information on computer-mediated instructional (CMI) materials being used to teach students. Use of the technology in mainstream college teaching; Attributes of the CMI software materials; Objectives of Academic Systems Corporation in developing the Mediated Learning model; Components...