Retrieval and Review
- Hazards of surgical training virtually eliminated. Decoster, Roy // All Hands;Jun96, Issue 950, p20
Reports on the use of virtual reality computer programs to teach surgery in the United States. Generation by Dr. Richard Rowe of the National Naval Medical Center of technology to generate virtual patients; Cost of computers capable of simulating surgery; Use of human body models.
- A follow-up on CD-ROM tax services. Warner, Paul D.; Smith, L. Murphy // CPA Journal;Jan1995, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p72
Evaluates several CD-ROM-based tax services. Includes OnPoint by the Research Institute of America; CCH SmartTax; CCH Access; CCH Tax Assistant; Features; Online services; Applications.
- In home studios, artists turn high-tech. Belsie, Laurent // Christian Science Monitor;3/9/95, Vol. 87 Issue 71, p12
Features the importance of computers and its tools in art. Increasing number of cases of artists switching to computers for digital painting; Various cases of artists accepting the trend; Low cost of computers as the biggest factor of growing digital art; Negative ratings of the digital art.
- Art and computers: Is there room in the studio for both? Welter, C.H. // Design for Arts in Education;Nov/Dec89, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the controversy over the use of computers in teaching art. Lack of software; Technology and visual grammar; Traditional pedagogical methods.
- DIGITAL PUBLISHING: Real-World ROI For CTP. Sandler, Kathy // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;12/1/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p37
Focuses on the benefits of using computer-to-plate (CTP) workflow. Tips in making the most of a CTP workflow; Reminder before making any technological investment or workflow; Importance of enforcing deadlines.
- Virtual Campus expands access to SIAST programs. Kimble, Ross // Saskatchewan Sage;Jan2002, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the Virtual Campus educational program of the Saskatchewan Institute of Applied Science and Technology (SIAST) in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Initiation of SIAST on accredited online course; Goals of SIAST on the program; Opening of different courses offered by SIAST.
- Computer-based multimedia and videodiscs: Uses in supporting... Boone, Randall; Higgins, Kyle // Intervention in School & Clinic;May97, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p302
Describes available multimedia and videodisc technologies and the ways they can be integrated into the classroom. Videodisc modes; Uses of multimedia and videodisc technologies; Steps for creating a videodisc-enhanced multimedia computer-assisted instruction (CAI); Components of digital video...
- EVENT NEWS. // e.learning age;Nov2007, p9
A calendar of events of interest to the e-learning sector in Great Britain in November 2007 is presented, including the Learning and the Human Brain workshop, the Instructional Design Masterclass and the Accessibility for E-Learning one-day course.
- Conference and event diary. // e.learning age;Nov2007, p32
A calendar of events of interest to the e-learning sector is presented, including a conference and exhibition for business learning in Birmingham, England, the Online Educa 2007 in Berlin, Germany and a conference on learning technologies in London, England.