- Good health. Bailey, Janet // Good Housekeeping;Apr2006, Vol. 242 Issue 4, p65
The article presents ideas about healthy living. Recreational workouts such as brisk walking can help treat lower-back pain. According to the findings of a study, regular screening reduces the number of cases of colon cancer by eighty percent. One of the strategies for a successful weight loss...
- NEWS BRIEFS. // Focus on Healthy Aging;Jan2012, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p2
The article offers news briefs related to health and medical research as of January 1, 2012. A review suggests that eating a high-fiber diet such as cereal and whole grains can reduce the risk of colorectal cancer. A study shows that yoga can be more effective treatment for chronic lower back...
- Back off from low back pain! Cichoke, Anthony J. // Health News & Review;Spring95, p17
Discusses treatment for low back pain. Causes of low back pain; Exercise; Medication; Spinal manipulation.
- The lowdown on low-back pain. Lipman, Marvin M. // Consumer Reports on Health;Feb94, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p23
Focuses on the treatment and remedy of low-back pain. Self-help remedies for backache; Evaluation and exploration of other types of treatment for serious backaches; Symptoms for serious backaches.
- Working out back pain. // Consumer Reports on Health;Nov96, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p128
Discusses the management of back pain. Causes of back pain; Medications to control pain and inflammation; Exercises that are gentle on the spine and keeps the back in shape; Seeking professional diagnosis. INSET: Back in action (exercises for back pain)..
- Low back pain: OTC analgesics and exercise are usually sufficient. // Geriatrics;Feb95, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the treatment of backache. Treatment with analgesics; Exercises.
- Vax-D back treatment earning medical kudos. McFeely, Dan // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/10/95, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p28
Focuses on the use of Vax-D or vertebral axial decompression table for treating lower back pain at the Ashton Clinic in Indiana. Mechanism by which the Vax-D table works; Number of patients treated by chiropractor Dr. John Ashton using the table; Background on the table's invention; Use of the...
- Back machine brings promise of relief from pain. Markley, Jennifer // Inside Tucson Business;9/11/95, Vol. 5 Issue 24, p13
Reports on the availability of the vertebral axial decompression (VAX-D) therapy for back pains. Use of a padded table in the procedure; Application of tension through the pulling apart of the table by a motor; Existence of controversy on the employment of various techniques; Failure of...
- Occupational low-back pain: The role of research and the safety professional. Janicak, Christopher A. // Professional Safety;Nov96, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p40
Presents information on low-back pain (LBP) sufferers in the United States. Impact on insurance companies; Strategies for controlling LBP; Why laboratory research of LBP is limited; Information on LBP.