Retrieval and Review
- Retrieval and Review. Locke, Lawrence F. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul1998, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p493
Presents several abstracts on physical education. 'College student attitude toward three teaching styles in physical education classes,' by S.X. Cai published in the 1997 issue of 'College Student Journal'; 'The anticipation of teaching practice by physical education students,' by S.A. Capel...
- Retrieval and Review. Locke, Lawrence F. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1999, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p357
Presents several abstracts about physical education. 'Identifying the Good in Everyday Teaching,' by M.G. Bator published in the 1997 issue of 'Dissertation Abstracts International'; 'Student Problem Behavior and Teacher Responses in Physical Education,' by S.D. Ellis published in the 1997...
- Toward the new literacy: Changes in college students' reading comprehension strategies following reading/writing projects. Falk-Ross, Francine C. // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p278
Presents a study that discussed the students' critical literacy techniques to improve reading and writing skills. Discussion on the direct instruction of reading comprehension strategies; Improvements to students' comprehension; Significance of helping students construct useful literacy strategies.
- Using the right data in the right ways. Iglesias, Don // Leadership;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p7
Presents lists of topics relating to the use of academic tests in California. Conditions to inhibit improvement of student performance; Critics on state test scores; Alignment model for districts with similar demographics.
- Assessing Learning Processes: Useful Information for Teachers and Students. Carr, Sonya C. // Intervention in School & Clinic;Jan2002, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p156
Focuses on ways to assess student's learning processes. Importance of student journals and learning logs; Benefits of clinical interviews; Use of metacognitive strategies.
- Assessment, Geography, and the Student. Ediger, Marlow // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Sep2001, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p150
Examines the approaches on assessing the student achievement in geography in West Bank and Middle East. Integration of the geography into the social studies discipline; Use of Criterion Referenced Testing for assessing the student; Utilization of portfolio in geography.
- Where in the world is that No. 2 pencil? Teicher, Stacy A. // Christian Science Monitor;9/4/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 196, p13
Discusses the trend of students internationally to be tested for academic ability.
- Small-group instruction: Impact on basic algebra students. DePree, Julie // Journal of Developmental Education;Fall98, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p2
Presents a study in which the impact of small-group work on the adult preparatory algebra students' achievements was investigated. What was experienced by the students who participated in the experiment; Increase in course completion rates; Where study was conducted; Number of students who...
- Action Solutions. // Scholastic Action (Teacher's Edition);9/20/99, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p3
Provides a list of answers to skills activities for students in school.