An Analysis of Dividend Policy
- Dividend Signalling Hypothesis In Emerging Markets: More Empirical Evidence. Al-Shattarat, Wasim K.; Atmeh, Muhannad A.; Al-Shattarat, Basiem K. // Journal of Applied Business Research;p461
An abstract of the article "Dividend Signalling Hypothesis in Emerging Markets: More Empirical Evidence," by Wasim K. Al-Shattarat, Muhannad A. Atmeh and Basiem K. Al-Shattarat is presented.
- Abstracts/Résumés. // Contemporary Accounting Research;Spring2013, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p1
The article presents abstracts in English and French including the abstracts "Labor Unions and Management's Incentive to Signal a Negative Outlook," by Francesco Bova, "Extended Dividend, Cash Flow, and Residual Income Valuation Models: Accounting for Deviations from Ideal Conditions," by...
- On the Motivation for Paying Scrip Dividends. Lasfer, M. Ameziane // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Spring97, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p62
Investigates why some companies favor paying dividends in the form of shares rather that cash. Classification of the testable hypotheses; Data and methodology of the study; Presentation of empirical results and examination of the robustness of the findings to the sample period; Conclusion.
- Key Views Playing Out�. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/30/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p1
The article reports on the impact of the decline in demand growth on dividends in China and the U.S. in 2010.
- Untitled. // Crain's Detroit Business;10/11/93, Vol. 9 Issue 41, p8
Presents businesses in Detroit, Michigan declaring dividends for payment in October 1993. Includes Heritage Bankcorp Inc.; First Michigan Capital Corp.; Franklin Bank N.A.; More.
- The role of stock dividends in Korea. Dhatt, Manjeet S.; Kim, Yong H.; Mukherji, Sandip // Global Finance Journal;Fall/Winter97, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p295
Examines the role of stock dividends in South Korea the impact of the Commercial Code regulation that raised the minimum par value of stocks in August 1987. Motives for stock dividends; Percentage of Korean Stock Exchange-listed firms distributing stock dividends from 1977 to 1991; Profile of...
- A tax motivation for smoothing dividends. Rozycki, John J. // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Summer97, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p563
Presents information on how a tax motivation presents managers with added reasons for smoothing dividends. How managers perceive shareholders; Importance of smoothing the dividend stream.
- Low dividends prompt funds to revise investment policies. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/18/96-03/25/96, Vol. 6 Issue 49, p17
Reports on the low dividend yields on the Standard & Poor 500 stocks. Problems for growth and income funds; Revision of investment policies by funds in response to low dividends; Comments by The EV Stock portfolio manager Duncan Richardson.
- Dividend news. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;7/18/94, Vol. 10 Issue 29, p30
No abstract available.