Local Estriol Treatment
- In Reply. Friese, Klaus; Stief, Christian; Bauer, Ricarda; Dannecker, Christian // Deutsches Aerzteblatt International;11/26/2010, Vol. 107 Issue 47, p8
A response by Klaus Friese and colleagues to a letter to the editor on their article on the effectiveness of local estrogen treatment is presented.
- Getting Control Over Urinary Incontinence. // American Family Physician;8/1/1996, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p683
Presents answers to various queries related to urinary incontinence. Overview of causes of urinary incontinence; Information on various kinds of urinary incontinence; Effects of estrogen, a female hormone to control problems related to bladder control; Availability of medicines to control...
- Is hormone replacement therapy (estrogen plus progestin) effective for the treatment of urinary incontinence in postmenopausal women? Easton, Brian T. // Journal of Family Practice;May2001, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p470
The article discusses research being done on the effectiveness of hormone replacement therapy for the treatment of urinary incontinence in postmenopausal women. It references a study by G. Grady et al. published in a 2001 issue of the journal Obstetrics and Gynecology. Results of the study...
- More evidence that hormone replacement therapy causes incontinence in postmenopausal women. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/18/2006, Vol. 332 Issue 7538, p373
This article presents a research study done on hormone replacement therapy in postmenopausal women with heart disease and its correlation with incontinence. The researchers wanted to conducted the study as a link between the findings of another similar study conducted on the heart and estrogen...
- ...but it doesn't prevent urinary incontinence. // Modern Medicine;Apr97, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p63
Presents an abstract of the article `Efficacy of Estrogen Supplementation in the Treatment of Urinary Incontinence,' by J.A. Fantl, R.C. Bump et al, from the November 1996 issue of an obstetrics and gynecology journal. Ineffectiveness of short-term cyclic hormone replacement therapy for the...
- Short Periods of Observation. Bagner, Jens W.; Klosterhalfen, Bernd; Otto, Thomas // Deutsches Aerzteblatt International;11/26/2010, Vol. 107 Issue 47, p7
The article presents an abstract of an article on surgical procedures for urinary incontinence in women.
- ERT doesn't increase risk of endometrial cancer recurrence. // Contemporary OB/GYN;May2004, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p17
Presents an abstract of the study "A Prospective Randomized, Double-Blind Trial of Estrogen Replacement Therapy Versus Placebo in Women With Stage I or II Endometrial Cancer: A Gynecologic Oncology Group Study," by R. R. Barakat et al.
- Bone Density and Estrogen Therapy in Elderly Women. // Journal of Aging & Physical Activity;Oct1994, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p375
An abstract of the article "The effect of postmenopausal estrogen therapy on bone density in elderly women," by D.T. Felson, Y. Zhang, M.T. Hannan, D.P. Kiel, P.W.F. Wilson, and J.J. Anderson, which appears in "The New England Journal of Medicine," is presented.
- ERT may benefit postmenopausal women with confirmed CAD. // Geriatrics;May97, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p100
Presents an abstract of the article `Estrogen Replacement Therapy After Coronary Angioplasty in Women,' by JH O'Keefe Jr, SC Kim, et al from the `Journal of American College of Cardiology' dated January 1997.