Risk of Wound Infection Is Greater After Skin Closure with Staples Than with Sutures in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Innovation, vision give rise to orthopedic tradition at the University of Heidelberg. Rapp, Susan M. // Orthopedics Today;Oct2009, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p70
The article discusses the history of practicing orthopedic surgery in Heidelberg, Germany, which was recognized as a major world center for medicine.
- Orthopedic surgery. Novacheck, Tom F. // Exceptional Parent;Sep97, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p83
Presents information on orthopedic surgery which is used to correct the muscle and bone deformities caused by spasticity. Evaluation of patients for orthopedic surgery; Types of orthopedic surgeries; Postoperative management after surgery. INSET: Eric's story by Deborah Nicolaus..
- ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY LIST. // New Orleans Magazine;Jun2014, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p126
No abstract available.
- HCM joint replacement program set tomorrow. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);1/28/2015, Vol. 142 Issue 6, p6A
The article offers information on the free "Destination Restore" program presentation for individuals who consider joint replacement surgery at Tealicious in Burnet, Texas on January 29, 2015.
- Retraction Note: Mini-plate versus Kirschner wire internal fixation for treatment of metacarpal and phalangeal fractures in Chinese Han population: a meta-analysis. Jiaming Xu; Changqing Zhang // Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Research;2015, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p1
A correction to the article "Mini-Plate Versus Kirschner Wire Internal Fixation for Treatment of Metacarpal and Phalangeal Fractures in Chinese Han Population: A Meta-Analysis" that was published in a 2014 issue is presented.
- Orthopedic Pipeline. // Orthopedics Today;Jun2012, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p60
The article presents a list of premarket approvals for drugs, 510(k) notifications and recruiting clinical trials in the orthopedic field as of June 2012.
- PCG ponders plan to ship patients abroad. // GP: General Practitioner;1/28/2002, p8
Reports on the possibility of sending patients to Germany for orthopedic surgery under plans being considered by Cambridge City PCG in England. Need for reduction in the board's orthopedic waiting list; Separation of the plan from the Department of Health's discussions with private firms;...
- Orthopaedic audit--review of inpatient waiting lines. Porter, K.M. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);10/26/1985, Vol. 291 Issue 6503, p1216
Focuses on inpatient waiting list of orthopedic surgery in Birmingham, England. Identification of medical contraindications to surgery; Importance of postal inquiry, reassessment clinics and preoperative assessment clinics; Advantages of employing postal review in orthopedic surgery.
- Expatriate surgeons have advanced orthopaedics in Africa. Brueton, Richard // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;2/11/2012, Vol. 344 Issue 7843, p32
The author discusses the development of orthopaedics in Africa with the help of expatriate surgeons. He relates his experience of revisiting the Africa Inland Church Hospital in Kijabe, Kenya in 2011 and finding eight orthopaedic trainees and four orthopaedic consultants. He says that...