Are extreme distal periprosthetic supracondylar fractures of the femur too distal to fix using a lateral locked plate?
- Distal femoral replacement offers a valuable option for periprosthetic fracture. Lombardi Jr., Adolph V. // Orthopedics Today;Mar2014, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p4
The article focuses on rapid recovery and good outcomes afforded by distal femoral replacement in older patients with periprosthetic fractures.
- Emtricitabine/tenofovir-disoproxil-fumarate. // Reactions Weekly;Aug2015, Vol. 1566 Issue 1, p94
An abstract of the article "Distal extremities swelling associated with TRUVADA," by B. Ho and colleagues is presented.
- Periprosthetic fractures of the femur after total knee arthroplasty. McGraw, Phil; Kumar, Arun // Journal of Orthopaedics & Traumatology;Sep2010, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p135
Periprosthetic fracture following total knee arthroplasty is a potentially serious complication. This injury can involve the distal femur, proximal tibia or the patella. This review article analyzes the prevalence, risk factors, classification and treatment options for periprosthetic fractures...
- Infliximab/etanercept. // Reactions Weekly;Jan2015, Vol. 1533 Issue 1, p264
An abstract of the article "Periprosthetic joint infection in patients receiving TNFalpha antagonists," by N. Snir and colleagues is presented.
- Zoledronic Acid. // Reactions Weekly;Jun2015, Vol. 1554 Issue 1, p196
An abstract of the article "Spontaneous acetabular periprosthetic fracture in a patient continuously having zoledronic acid," by S. Tantavisut and colleagues is presented.
- PERIPROSTHETIC FRACTURE OF THE FEMUR. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Mar2000, Vol. 82-A Issue 3, p446
Focuses on the article 'Periprosthetic Fracture of the Femur after Total Hip Arthroplasty: Treatment and Results to Date,' published in the December 1997 issue of the 'Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery.' Options for distal fixation; Use of a long curved femoral component with distal...
- Locked plating yields high union rate for periprosthetic joint fractures after TKA. // Medical Device Daily;6/6/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 109, Special section p2
The article discusses a study about locked plate osteosynthesis conducted by researchers from India, results of which show that patients treated for periprosthetic distal femur fractures with such procedure following total knee arthroplasty (TKA) exhibit a satisfactory union rate.
- Versorgung periprothetischer und periimplantÃ¤rer Frakturen. Raschke, M.J.; Stange, R.; Kösters, C. // Der Chirurg;Aug2012, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p749
Periprosthetic fractures are increasing not only due to the demographic development with high life expectancy, the increase in osteoporosis and increased prosthesis implantation but also due to increased activity of the elderly population. The therapeutic algorithms are manifold but general...
- Metabolic syndrome and risk for periprosthetic joint infection. Parvizi, Javad; Zmistowski, Benjamin // Endocrine Today;Oct2012, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p42
The article discusses the association between metabolic syndrome and the risk for periprosthetic joint infection.