2010 National Teaching Institute Creative Solutions Abstracts
- Critical Care Medicine. // National Catholic Bioethics Quarterly;Jun2010, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p387
The article presents the abstracts "Surgical Buy-In: The Contractual Relationship between Surgeons and Patients That Influences Decisions Regarding Life-Supporting Therapy," by M. L. Schwarze, C. T. Bradley, and K. J. Brasel, and "Expanding the Paradigm of the Physician's Role in Surrogate...
- OLDER ADULTS' DESIRE FOR LIFE-SUSTAINING TREATMENTS: THE INFLUENCE OF PROGNOSIS, PAIN, AND TYPE OF IMPAIRMENT. Klepac, L. M.; Coppola, K. M.; Bookwala, J.; Ditto, P. H.; Danks, J. H.; Smucker, W. D. // Gerontologist;Oct1996 Supplement, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p118
Preferences for life-sustaining treatments were elicited from 50 adults aged 66 to 91 (mean age 78.54). Participants indicated how much they desired four types of treatment (antibiotics, CPR, gall bladder surgery, and artificial nutrition and hydration) in a series of hypothetical illness...
- Basic Life Support & Advanced Cardiac Life Support: Knowledge & Attitudes of Medical Students in New Delhi. Sinha, Akriti; Devgan, Arushi; Mehrotra, Mayank; Singh, Avantika; Agarwal, Krishna Adit // New Indian Journal of Surgery;Jul-Sep2012, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p220
Background Early intervention, quality of CPR and time to defibrillation improves survival rate after cardiopulmonary arrest. BLS is an important component of the chain of survival. The proper practice of BLS is an important part of a medical student's training, but there is still no standard...
- Preliminary results of cardiac support device implantation for refractory heart failure. Monocentric experience. Labrousse, L.; Reant, P.; Barandon, L.; Picard, F.; Flory, G.; Bordachar, P.; Lafitte, S.; Bonnet, J.; Roudaut, R.; Dos Santos, P. // European Journal of Heart Failure. Supplements;Jun2008, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p172
An abstract of the article "Preliminary results of cardiac support device implantation for refractory heart failure. Monocentric experience," by L. Labrousse and colleagues is presented.
- Sulprostone. // Reactions Weekly;3/9/2013, Issue 1443, p34
An abstract of the article "Cardiac arrest during sulprostone administration- A case report," by L. Lampati and colleagues is presented.
- Pediatrics. // National Catholic Bioethics Quarterly;Dec2010, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p796
The article presents abstracts on articles about a study on the cancer risk among children who are born after in vitro fertilization (IVF) and the ethical aspects of the prognostic utility of magnetic resonance (MR) biomarkers and withdrawal of life support from newborn infants diagnosed with...
- From the prehospital literature. // Emergency Medicine Journal;Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p858
The article presents abstracts on medical topics which include the use of the Ferno Scoop Stretcher for spinal immobilization, the role of paramedics in providing pre-hospital thrombolytic treatment, and the impact of advanced life support on out-of-hospital respiratory distress.
- Abstracts of the 16th Annual Congress of the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine, Amsterdam, Netherlands. Smitz-De Smet, Suzanne // Intensive Care Medicine;Mar2004, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p523
Presents a correction to the article "Abstracts of the 16th Annual Congress of the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine, Amsterdam, Netherlands," published in a previous issue of the journal.
- Is the use of IV pantoprazole appropriate in the critical care setting? Mian, Naima A; White, Kevin T; Michele, LaRusso; Emily, Kao; Bruce, Hirsch; Gerard, Mullin E // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep2003 Supplement, Vol. 98, pS234
An abstract of the article "Is the use of IV pantoprazole appropriate in the critical care setting?," by Naima A Mian and colleagues is presented.