Treatment of checkrein deformity of the hallux
- Response to the comment on Schuh et al.: Angular correction and complications of proximal first metatarsal osteotomies for hallux valgus deformity. Schuh, Reinhard; Willegger, Madeleine; Holinka, Johannes; Ristl, Robin; Windhager, Reinhard; Wanivenhaus, Axel // International Orthopaedics;Mar2014, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p669
A response from the author of the article "Angular correction and complications of proximal first metatarsal osteotomies for hallux valgus deformity" in 2013 issue is presented.
- Lateral Soft-Tissue Release with Medial Transarticular or Dorsal First Web-Space Approach Combined with Distal Chevron Osteotomy for Moderate-to-Severe Hallux Valgus. Yu-Bok Park; Keun-Bae Lee; Sung-Kyu Kim; Jong-Keun Seon; Jun-Young Lee // Essential Surgical Techniques;Oct-Dec2014, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p1
The article offers step-by-step instructions for distal chevron osteotomy combined with lateral soft-tissue release with medial transarticular or dorsal first web-space approach for moderate-to-severe hallux valgus.
- Reply to comments by Wu et al. regarding our manuscript titled: A minimally invasive technique for surgical treatment of hallux valgus: simple, effective, rapid, inexpensive (SERI). Giannini, Sandro; Faldini, Cesare; Nanni, Matteo; Martino, Alberto; Luciani, Deianira; Vannini, Francesca // International Orthopaedics;Mar2014, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p673
A response from the author of the article "A minimally invasive technique for surgical treatment of hallux valgus: simple, effective, rapid, inexpensive (SERI)" in 2013 issue is presented.
- Mini-TightRope for Hallux Valgus. DeBrule, Michael B.; Mullen, Barry; Husain, Zeeshan; Sullivan, Tip // Podiatry Management;Jun/Jul2012, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p20
Two letters to the editor are presented which are concerned with minimizing complications seen when using Mini-TightRope for hallux valgus.
- LijeÄenje Hallux valgusa osteotomijom prve kosti metatarzusa po Krameru. Muminagić, Sahib; Drljević, Sanja; Granić, Amela; Kapidžić, Tarik; Kovačević, Mehmed; Hodžić, Faruk // Medicinski Arhiv;2009, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p163
In 1973. J. Kramer published his own technique for the cure of hallux valgus (OrthopÃ¤dische Praxis Heft 8/1982, 636-645). He corrects bad position of the first bone of the metatarsus with all the consequences which lie in the basis of the deformation. By osteotomy of the first bone of the...
- Treating hallux abducto valgus conservatively through foot mobilisation techniques and exercise therapy. A Case Study. Jedynak, Ted // Podiatry Now;Oct2009, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p12
The article presents a case study of a 53 year-old woman with an inflamed metatarsophalangeal joint (MTPJ) and pain which had worsened over the previous six months prior to seeking treatment. Diagnostic tests and physical evaluation were performed showing significant joint movement limitations...
- Bunion or Arthritis? ABEDIN, SHAHREEN // Arthritis Today;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p44
The article discusses causes, symptoms and diagnosis of bunion and arthritis and further highlights treatment of bunion and arthritis.
- Etoricoxib/oxycodone/naloxone. // Reactions Weekly;Nov2014, Vol. 1524 Issue 1, p91
The article presents a case study of 20 women who experienced nausea while they received oxycodone and etoricoxib to treat their hallux valgus.
- PERSPECTIVE. Miller, Stuart D. // Orthopedics Today;Jul2011, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p52
The author presents his views on a study by Sandro Giannini and colleagues which demonstrated the benefits of simple, effective, rapid, inexpensive (SERI) distal metatarsal osteotomy technique for patients with hallux valgus.