Mason type IV fractures of the elbow
- Elbow fractures. Shapiro, Matthew S.; Wang, Jeffrey C. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Apr95, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p39
Discusses the diagnosis and effective management of fractures of the elbow joint. Review of the anatomy of the elbow joint; Types of elbow fractures; Degree of severity of the elbow fractures; Common complications associated with elbow fractures; Surgical considerations.
- Management of radial head fracture. Gutierrez, Greg // American Family Physician;5/1/1997, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p2213
Reviews the diagnosis and treatment of radial head fractures to illustrates the importance of directing the treatment toward the three phases of healing. Healing and repair of the head fractures; Treatment for radial head fracture; Complications of radial head fracture; Important aspect of...
- Neglected Isolated Fracture Of The Trochlea-- A Case Report. Bashir, Sheikh Irfan; Manan, Abdul; Beigh, Mubashir Rashid; Hanan, Abdul; Sharma, Rajeev K. // Internet Journal of Orthopedic Surgery;Jul2011, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p1
Isolated shear fractures of the trochlea are also called Laugier?s fractures. Only a few cases have been reported so far. There is difference of opinion regarding mechanism of injury as well as in the treatment options. We report a case of a neglected fracture of the trochlea; we could not find...
- Focus on Elbow Fractures. Rueger, Johannes // European Journal of Trauma & Emergency Surgery;Apr2008, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p97
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including the "Current Concepts: Simple and Complex Elbow Dislocations: Acute and Definitive Treatment," and "'Fractures of the Coronoid Process of the Ulna: Which Ones to Fix and Which Ones to Leave Alone."'
- Open dislocation of the elbow with ipsilateral fracture of the radial head and distal radius: a rare combination without vascular injury. Ahmad, R.; Ahmed, S. M. Y.; Annamalai, S.; Case, R. // Emergency Medicine Journal;Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p860
The article reports on the case of a patient who was taken to a hospital because of open posterolateral elbow dislocation with ipsilateral fracture of the radial head and distal radius.
- Mason type IV fractures of the elbow. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;May2010, Vol. 92-A Issue 5, p52
An abstract of the article "Mason type IV fractures of the elbow," by P. Herbertsson and colleagues is presented.
- Operative Treatment of Elbow Contracture in Patients Twenty-one Years of Age or Younger. Stans, Anthony A.; Maritz, N.G.J.; O'Driscoll, Shawn W.; Morrey, Bernard F. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Mar2002, Vol. 84-A Issue 3, p382
Examines the operative treatment of elbow contracture in patients. Fracture of the supracondylar aspect of the humerus; Improvement of the range of motion of the elbow; Use of postoperative immobilization.
- Driver Backs Over Man. Hichkad, Nandan R. // Clinician Reviews;Dec2015 Supplement Celebrating with NPs & PAs, pS10
The article presents question and answer related to evaluation of the injured elbow of an accident victim, with the help of radiograph images of the fractured elbow.
- Ultrasound diagnosis of supracondylar fractures in children. Eckert, K.; Janssen, N.; Ackermann, O.; Schweiger, B.; Radeloff, E.; Liedgens, P. // European Journal of Trauma & Emergency Surgery;Apr2014, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p159
Purpose: The objective of our study was to evaluate the safety and accuracy of ultrasound (US) compared to standard radiographs in diagnosing supracondylar fractures (SCFs) of the humerus in children. Patients and methods: A total of 106 children (aged between 1 and 13 years) with clinically...