Competencies for a Canadian orthopaedic surgery core curriculum
- THE RESULTS OF SYNOVIAL FLUID ANALYSIS AFTER CHEMICAL SYNOVECTOMY. // Osteoporosis International;Sep2001 Supplement 1, Vol. 12, pS44
An abstract of the article "The Results of Synovial Fluid Analysis After Chemical Synovectomy" is presented.
- High-Fidelity Simulations for Orthopaedic Residents. White, Marjorie Lee; Gilbert, Shawn R.; Youngblood, Amber Q.; Zinkan, J. Lynn; Martin, Rachel; Tofu, Nancy M. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;5/15/2013, Vol. 95-A Issue 10, p959
An abstract of the article "High-Fidelity Simulations for Orthopaedic Residents," by Marjorie Lee Whit and colleagues is presented.
- Effect of Transdermal Nitroglycerine on Postoperative Analgesia Following Orthopedic Surgery under Spinal Anesthesia with Sufentanil and Lidocaine. Pouranvari, Hasan Mohammadi; Davoudi, Maryam; Bakhshaie, Mohammad Hossein // Medical Journal of Tabriz University of Medical Sciences & Healt;Apr/May2012, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p21
Background and Objectives: Administration of intrathecal opioid is one of the postoperative analgesia management methods. Experimental data suggested that transdermal nitroglycerine can enhance analgesic effect of opioids. The study was done to assess the effect of transdermal nitroglycerine on...
- Moral Reasoning Strategies of Orthopaedic Surgery Residents. Mercuri, John J.; Karia, Raj J.; Egol, Kenneth A.; Zuckerman, Joseph D. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;3/20/2013, Vol. 95-A Issue 6, p575
An abstract of the article "Moral Reasoning Strategies of Orthopaedic Surgery Residents," by John J. Mercuri and colleagues is presented.
- Hand (and orthopaedic) surgery in primitive war conditions. Kaadan, Abdul Nasser // BMC Proceedings;5/19/2015, p1
An abstract of the article "Hand (and orthopaedic) surgery in primitive war conditions" by Abdul Nasser Kaadan is presented.
- WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE OF TROCHLEOPLASTY N TREATMENT OF PATELLOFEMORAL INSTABILITY? A SYSTEMATIC REVIEW AND COMPARISON WITH MPFL RECONSTRUCTION OUTCOMES. Testa, Enrique Adrian; Amsler, Felix; Camathias, Carlo; Henle, Philipp; Friederich, Niklaus; Hirschmann, Michael Tobias // British Journal of Sports Medicine;Jul2013, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p29
Introduction Trochleoplasty and reconstruction of the medial patellofemoral ligament (MPFL) are the most commonly used surgical treatment in patients with patellofemoral instability. Although there is an increasing number of publications dealing with treatment of patellofemoral instability, the...
- SELECTED ABSTRACTS. // Cellular Polymers;2013, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p41
This section presents abstracts of articles published in this journal includinge one on the supramolecular organizaiton and thermal properties of polypseudorotaxanes, one on polymers in orthopedic surgery and one on the termination of crystallization.
- Evidence-Based Articles Related to Total Hip Arthroplasty. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Sep2008, Vol. 90-A Issue 9, p331
The article presents several abstracts related to orthopedic surgery including one on the effectiveness of antithrombotic prophylaxis after hip replacement, one on reduced hospital stay and narcotic consumption after hip replacement and another on performance pay in orthopedic surgery.
- Hip Resurfacing: Patient and Treatment Options. Vail, Thomas P.; Mont, Michael A.; McGrath, Mike S.; Zywiel, Michael G.; Beaulé, Paul E.; Capello, William N. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Aug2009 Supplement 5, Vol. 91-A, p2
The article presents abstracts on hip resurfacing topics which include the benefits of hip resurfacing arthroplasty on patients, the importance of patient selection and surgical technique in hip resurfacing arthroplasty as well as the unique complications of surface replacement arthroplasty as...