016 Anesthesiologists at risk for significant radiation exposure during neurointerventional procedures
- Comparison of sedation practices for ERCP by gastroenterologists and anesthesiologists: impact on outcomes. Oprescu, Florinela G; Anand, Curuchi; Bhargava, Sandeep; Raj, Vivek // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep2003 Supplement, Vol. 98, pS61
An abstract to the article "Comparison of Sedation Practices for ERCP by Gastroenterologists and Anesthesiologists: Impact on Outcomes," by Florinela G. Oprescu, Curuchi Anand, Sandeep Bhargava and Vivek Raj is presented.
- The danger of radiation exposure in the young. Hoffmann, Andreas; Bremerich, Jens // Heart;Feb2010, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p1
An abstract of the article "The danger of radiation exposure in the young," by Andreas Hoffman and Jens Bremerich is presented.
- Abstract. // Journal of the ICRU;Dec2011, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p3
An abstract of the report "Quantification and Reporting of Low-Dose and other Heterogenous Exposures" published in the December 2011 issue of "Journal of the ICRU" is presented.
- Radiation exposure during ERCP training. Uradomo, Lance; Lustberg, Alexander; Lustberg, Mark; Haluszka, Oleh; Darwin, Peter // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep2003 Supplement, Vol. 98, pS60
An abstract to the article "Radiation Exposure During ERCP Training," by Lance Uradomo, Alexander Lustberg, Mark Lustberg, Oleh Haluszka and Peter Darwin is presented.
- Lung Cancer. // Current Medical Literature: Respiratory Medicine;2008, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p26
The article presents abstracts of research on lung cancer published in various journals including "Estimating Risk of Cancer Associated With Radiation Exposure From 64-slice Computed Tomography Coronary Angiography," "Epidemiology and Treatment of Mesothelioma in South East England 1985-2002,"...
- Exposure abstracts. Don, Steven // Pediatric Radiology;Aug2011, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p1073
The article presents abstracts on pediatric radiology topics which include the use of size-specific dose estimates (SSDE) for calculation of computed tomography (CT) doses of patients, the new biological model showing increase of premalignant cells of older people with premalignant cells upon...
- Not quite home-free. Sakariassen, Alex // Missoula Independent;4/7/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p7
The article discusses the possible radiation poisoning in Missoula, Montana following the 9.0-magnitude earthquake that struck Japan on March 11, 2011 which resulted to the deterioration of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant.
- Imaging. // Current Medical Literature: Cardiology;2007, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p24
The article presents two abstracts of medical research related to imaging systems in medicine. They include "Procedural implications of intravascular ultrasound morphologic features of chronic total coronary occlusions" and "Radiation exposure of computed tomography and direct intracoronary...
- IN THIS ISSUE. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;Nov2010, Vol. 102 Issue 21, p1603
The article presents abstracts on cancer-related topics discussed within the issue, including a model for estimating breast cancer risk, cancer risks associated with radiation exposure during middle age and the selection of drugs for breast cancer cells with stem-cell characteristics.