THE ROLE OF NATIONAL PLANNING IN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, SYRIA, A CASE STUDY, 1960-1964
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND PLANNING IN SYRIA, 1950-1962. Challah, Muwaffak Chafik // American Economist;Spring67, Vol. 11 Issue 1
Focuses on economic development in Syria from 1950 to 1962. Economic growth; Role of economic planning on sustained growth in Syria; Criteria for determining growth rate; Goals of the Five Year Plan; Factors that hinder sustained growth.
- Economic Overview. // Syria Country Review;2011, p74
The article offers information on the economic condition of Syria including its high economic performance due to the rise of oil production and increased private sector investment and its widened fiscal deficit due to its 2.8 percent gross domestic product (GDP) in 2008 to an estimated 5.5...
- Syria. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/12/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 45, p33
Reports that the Abu Dhabi Fund for Development plans to extend loans to help finance development projects in Syria. Background on the proposed loans.
- To progress, Syria needs serious reform. // Market: Africa/Mid-East;Aug2006, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p3
The article presents the views of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and London-based consultancy Oxford Business Group on Syria's economic condition. The IMF and Oxford Business Group states that the country is beginning to move away from a centralized, planned economy toward a market economy.
- The Administration of Economic Development Planning: Principles and Fallacies. Gross, Bertram M. // Studies in Comparative International Development;Oct1967, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p89
Outlines certain realistic principles regarding the administrative aspects of economic development planning. Interdependence between planning and administration; Strategic guidelines to achieve and maintain a balanced perspective between planning and administration; Major obstacles in economic...
- FROM GENERAL DISCUSSION TO CONCRETE PREPARATION FOR IMPROVING THE SYSTEM OF PLANNED MANAGEMENT. Kohoutek, Miloshav // Eastern European Economics;Summer65, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p32
Discusses the application of an improved system of planned management in Czechoslovakian economics. Assumptions for the concept of the changes in the system of planned management; Factors assessed in preparation for the system; Problems associated with the transition of the form of management.
- Planning and Spontaneity in Economic Development. Marciniak, Stefan; Zawadzka, Zofia // Eastern European Economics;Spring86, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p24
Discusses the importance of planning in economic development. Vital conditions of effective planning; Limitation of possible impact of unforeseen events; Causes of spontaneity in the economic development in Poland.
- BALANCES AND PROPORTIONS. Leont'ev, A.P.; Mukasian, S.P.; Kanygin, Iu. M. // Problems of Economics;May65, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p3
Develops the theory and methodology of optimum economic planning in the Soviet Union. Different elements of social production; Relationship between proportionality and planned growth; Influence of the balance method on the branch structure of the national economy.
- THE USE OF INPUT-OUTPUT TABLES IN PLANNING. Klotsvog, F. // Problems of Economics;Sep80, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p54
Focuses on the use of Input-Output tables in interbranch proportions of economic planning in the Soviet Union. Level of development and utilization of Input-Output modeling techniques; Inclusion of Input-Output tables in planning; Elaboration of national economic plans under automated system of...