Maternal neutralizing antibodies against a CRF01?AE primary isolate are associated with a low rate of intrapartum HIV-1 transmission in Thailand
- Killer immunoglobulin-like receptor genes and heterosexual HIV-1 transmission. Merino, Aimee; Malhotra, Rakhi; Morton, Matt; Mulenga, Joseph; Allen, Susan; Hunter, Eric; Jianming Tang; Kaslow, Richard // Retrovirology;2010 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, p1
An abstract of the article "Killer Immunoglobulin-Like Receptor Genes and Heterosexual HIV-1 Transmission," by Aimee Merino, Rakhi Malhotra, Matt Morton, Joseph Mulenga, Susan Allen, Eric Hunter, Jianming Tang and Richard Kaslow is presented.
- Virology: HIV spread in 3D. // Nature;7/22/2010, Vol. 466 Issue 7305, p416
An abstract of the article regarding the transmission of HIV which was captured in three-dimension (3D) imaging is presented.
- Troglodytes At The Gate. // Book Publishing Report;7/8/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p2
Continuation of first article.
- Effect of eccentric contraction velocity on muscle damage in repeated bouts of elbow flexor exercise. Barroso, Renato; Roschel, Hamilton; Ugrinowitsch, Carlos; Ara�jo, Rubens; Nosaka, Kazunori; Tricoli, Valmor // Applied Physiology, Nutrition & Metabolism;Aug2010, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p534
Eccentric exercise induces muscle damage, but controversy exists concerning the effect of contraction velocity on the magnitude of muscle damage, and little is known about the effect of contraction velocity on the repeated-bout effect. This study examined slow (60��s-1) and fast...
- Abstracts. Ward-Smith, Peggy // Urologic Nursing;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p354
The article presents abstracts on medical topics which include the association between smoking and bladder cancer risk, hormonal testing and pharmacological treatment of erectile dysfunction, and the management of hand hygiene.
- Abstracts. // Age & Ageing;Jan2011 Supplement 1, Vol. 40 Issue suppl_1, pi1
No abstract available.
- research stat: abstracts from that pile of peer-reviewed journals on your desk. // Dermatology Times;Apr2011, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p21
The article presents abstracts on dermatology which include one regarding the association of 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors with issues on sexual health, one on the benefits of using near-infrared laser illumination for treating chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS), and one regarding the effectiveness of...
- Resources. Research digest. // Paediatric Nursing;Dec2010, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p10
The article presents abstracts of studies that examined methods of engaging fathers in children's health care, including "Many Fathers Visit the Child Health Care Centre, But Few Take Part in Parents' Groups," by A. C. Hallberg et al, "Including Fathers in Preventing Non-Accidental Head Injury,"...
- Voluntary Perils Ahead? Quint, Barbara // Searcher;May2011, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p4
The author reflects on the possible consequences to humanity if volunteering in the Internet ended. In his book, "The Theory of Moral Sentiments," Adam Smith discussed altruism, on people doing good things for other people. According to the author, there are speculations that volunteers to Jimmy...