Venous Thromboembolism Debate in Joint Arthroplasty
- Controversies Regarding Bearing Surfaces in Total Hip Replacement. D'Antonio, James A.; Pagnano, Mark W.; Naughton, Marybeth; Lombardi Jr., Adolph V.; Berend, Keith R.; Skeels, Michael D.; Franchi, Orlando J.; Backstein, David // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Aug2009 Supplement 5, Vol. 91-A, p5
The article presents abstracts on bearing surfaces total hip replacement topics which include the utilization of highly cross-linked polythylene bearing surfaces, the use of alumina ceramic bearings as an alternative to ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene as well as the reported...
- Approaches in Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty. Vail, Thomas P.; Mariani, E. Marc; Bourne, Michael H.; Berger, Richard A.; Meneghini, R. Michael // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Aug2009 Supplement 5, Vol. 91-A, p10
The article presents abstracts on primary total hip arthroplasty topics which include a discussion on the direct anterior approach to total hip arthroplasty, the effectiveness of minimally invasive Watson-Jones Approach to total hip arthroplasty as well as the reported evidence-based data for...
- Surgical Technique for Revision Total Hip Replacement. Padgett, Douglas E.; Lewallen, David G.; Penenberg, Brad L.; Hanssen, Arlen D.; Garvin, Kevin L.; Mahoney, Ormonde M.; Kinsey, Tracy L. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Aug2009 Supplement 5, Vol. 91-A, p23
The article presents abstracts on total hip replacement topics which include the effectiveness of anterolateral approach as a surgical technique, the benefits of percutaneously assisted total hip arthroplasty approach to patients undergoing revision total hip arthroplasty, and the inclusion of a...
- Update in Hematology. DeLoughery, Thomas G. // Annals of Internal Medicine;11/20/2007, Vol. 147 Issue 10, p717
The article presents abstracts on hematology which include a research on the prevention of venous thromboembolism after total hip replacement, a study on the effect of aspirin plus dipyridamole versus aspirin alone after cerebral ischemia of the arterial origin and the risk of recurrent venous...
- Research Digest. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;9/15/2012, Vol. 171 Issue 11, p275
The article presents abstracts on veterinary medicine including total hip replacement in dogs with femoral capital epiphysis by E. J. Gemmill and colleagues, welfare issues on branding in horses by J. E. Aurich and colleagues, and the effect of cage environment on cat behavior and stress levels...
- Dealing with Complications. Garvin, Kevin L.; Backstein, David; Pellegrini Jr., Vincent D.; Kim, Raymond H.; Lewallen, David G. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Aug2009 Supplement 5, Vol. 91-A, p18
The article presents abstracts on the complications associated with total hip arthroplasty which include the occurrence of perisprosthetic infection in one to two percent of patients after undergoing total hip arthroplasty, the occurrence of heterotopic ossification which is considered distinct...
- CLINICAL ANALYSIS OF ANTICOAGULANT TREATMENT IN ACUTE PULMONARY EMBOLISM STRATIFIED AS INTERMEDIATE-RISK. // Heart;Oct2010, pA178
An abstract of the article "Clinical Analysis of Anticoagulant Treatment in Acute Pulmonary Embolism Stratified as Intermediate-Risk" by Wang Yong and Zhang Hongliang is presented.
- The control of postoperative pain in elderly patients undergoing total hip replacement under spinal anesthesia. Mattiacci, D. M.; Mingione, M. L.; Donne, D. Delle; Lettieri, B. // BMC Geriatrics;2011 Supplement 1, Vol. 11 Issue Suppl 1, p1
An abstract of the research paper "The control of postoperative pain in elderly patients undergoing total hip replacement under spinal anesthesia," presented at the 13th annual meeting of the Italian Society of Geriatric Surgery, held in Lecce, Italy during December 2-4, 2010, is presented.
- Navigation in Total Hip Arthroplasty. Rubash, Harry E.; Pagnano, Mark W. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Aug2009 Supplement 5, Vol. 91-A, p17
An abstract of the article "Why I Would Not Consider Navigating a Total Hip Arthroplasty," by Mark W. Pagnano is presented.