Colectomy in ulcerative colitis: up the volume
- IMPACT OF OBESITY ON SURGICAL OUTCOMES OF LAPAROSCOPIC COLECTOMY. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Aug2006 Supplement, Vol. 49, p3
An abstract of the article "Impact of Obesity on Surgical Outcomes of Laparoscopic Colectomy," by M. Zerey, K. W. Kercher, A. E. Lincourt, D. S. Stefanidis, T. S. Kuwada, K. S. Gersin and B. T. Heniford is presented.
- TIMING OF TOTAL ABDOMINAL COLECTOMY AND RISK FACTORS PREDICTIVE OF MORTALITY FOR FULMINANT CLOSTRIDIUM DIFFICILE COLITIS. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Aug2006 Supplement, Vol. 49, p24
The article presents an abstract of the research "Timing of Total Abdominal Colectomy and Risk Factors Predictive of Mortality for Fulminant Clostridium difficile Colitis," by M. Boutros, M. Ladouceur, E. Rahme and E. Lamoureux.
- colectomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p483
A definition of the term "colectomy," which refers to excision of part or all of the colon, is presented.
- laparocolectomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1295
A definition of the term "laparocolectomy," which refers to colectomy, is presented.
- Regression of rectal adenomas after colectomy and ileorectal anastomosis for familial adenomatous polyposis. Nicholls, R.J.; Springall, R.G.; Gallagher, P. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/18/1988, Vol. 296 Issue 6638, p1707
Focuses on the effectiveness of total colectomy ans ileorectal anastomosis on familial adenomatous polyposis in Great Britain. Use of sigmoidoscopy in examining patients after operation; Regression of rectal adnomas after colectomy; Measurement of the anal verge.
- Canadian Association of General Surgeons and American College of Surgeons Evidence Based Reviews in Surgery. 17 The timing of elective colectomy in diverticulitis: a decision analysis. Barkun, J. S. T.; Brasel, K.; Fitzgerald, G. W. N.; Henteleff, H. J. A.; Kirkpatrick, A. W.; Latosinsky, S.; MacRae, H. M.; Mastracci, T. M.; McLeod, R. S.; Neumayer, L. A.; Rogers, D.; Taylor, M. C.; Webber, E. M.; McKenzie, M. E. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Jun2006, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p212
The article presents the abstract of the article "The Timing of Elective Colectomy in Diverticulitis: A Decision Analysis," by L. Salem, D. Veenstra and S. D. Sullivan.
- Emergent ileocecectomy for infection and inflammation. Sarkar, Rajabrata; Bennion, Robert S. // American Surgeon;Oct1997, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p874
Presents a study defining the outcome following emergency colectomy for infectious and inflammatory causes. Several medical indications for ileocecal resection; Criticism on the use of intervention like tube cecostomy; Benefits of preoperative `Computed Tomography' scanning in diagnostic accuracy.
- Serum nutrients and habitual dietary intake in colectomized FAP patients in Norway. Almendingen, Kari; Fausa, Olau; Høstmark, Arne; Bratlie, Jorunn; Mørkerid, Lars; Aabakken, Lars; Vatn, Morten // European Journal of Nutrition;Apr2009, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p129
Patients with familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) are colectomized in young age in order to avoid development of colorectal cancer. Because colectomy radically changes gastrointestinal physiology, and food avoidance may be present, colectomized patients may be at risk for nutritional...
- Fulminant amoebic colitis with perforation successfully treated by staged surgery: a case report. Ishida, Hideyuki; Inokuma, Shigehisa; Murata, Nobuo; Hashimoto, Daijo; Satoh, Keiko; Ohta, Sinichi // Journal of Gastroenterology;2003, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p92
Radical surgery for fulminant amoebic colitis leads to extremely high mortality; however, resective surgery is mandatory if a patient develops massive fecal peritonitis. We herein report an extremely rare case of fulminant amoebic colitis with multiple perforations, which was successfully...