Oral corticosteroids in ulcerative colitis: no gain without pain
- Ulcerative colitis. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Dec1995, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p1
Focuses on ulcerative colitis. Disease as a chronic inflammation of the colon lining; Use of colonoscopy in diagnosing the disease; Complications of the disease; Management of disease flare-ups; Use of surgery in the treatment of disease; Potential drugs for the disease.
- Easier ulcer diagnosis. Dunkin, Mary Anne // Arthritis Today;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p18
Presents information on easier ulcer diagnosis. Identification of the cause of the ulcer; How it is detected; Details on the process.
- Profile of ulcerative colitis. // Nutrition Health Review: The Consumer's Medical Journal;1994, Issue 69, p4
Profiles ulcerative colitis. Affected body parts; Signs and symptoms; Categories most affected; Possible complications; Prescribed medications; Forbidden drugs and foods; Spastic colitis.
- Prednisolone. // Reactions Weekly;5/22/2010, Issue 1302, p38
The article describes the case of a 25-year-old woman who experienced ulcerative colitis while receiving treatment with prednisolone for lacrimal gland inflammation.
- Ulcerative colitis. Ford, Alexander C.; Moayyedi, Paul; Hanauer, Steven B. // BMJ: British Medical Journal;2/9/2013, Vol. 346 Issue 7894, p29
The article discusses ulcerative colitis that affects the colorectum and is more common in young adulthood and developed nations. It describes the causes, associated conditions and treatment options. It also discusses treatment of refractory disease, colorectal cancer screening and osteoporosis...
- Ulcerative colitis. Anonymous patient; Kelly, Sean // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;5/19/2012, Vol. 344 Issue 7857, p54
The article presents the author's insights on her journey to a diagnosis of ulcerative colitis, and how she overcame the diagnosis and sought further help in getting a diagnosis. The author states that her journey started when she suffered from constant diarrhoea while she was on a university...
- Ulcerative Colitis and Electronic Cigarette: What's the Matter? Camus, Marine; Gallois, Glaire; Marteau, Philippe // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr2014, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p608
A letter to the editor is presented in which the authors described a case of a 49-year-old woman diagnosed with ulcerative colitis affecting her rectum and sigmoid colon, as she had been smoking 20 cigarettes per day for 20 years.
- Ileoanal anastomosis with reservoirs: Complications and long-term results. Belliveau, Paul; Trudel, Judith; Vasilevsky, Carol-Ann; Stein, Barry; Gordon, Philip H. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Oct99, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p345
Determines the rate of complications of ileoanal pouch anastomosis, their treatment and influence on a successful outcome. Study design and setting; Medical profile of patients involved in the study; Interventions; Outcome measures.
- Frequency and spectrum of c-Ki-ras mutations in human sporadic coloncarcinoma, carcinomas arising in ulcerative colitis and pancreatic adenocarcinoma Loeb, L. A.; Rabinovitch, P. S.; Burmer, G. C. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Jun1991, Vol. 93, p27
No abstract available.