COMPARISON OF ENERGY EXPENDITURE RECORDED WITH SENSEWEAR PRO2 ARMBAND AND INDIRECT CALORIMETRY DURING TREADMILL WALKING AND RUNNING IN ADOLESCENTS WITH AND WITHOUT ASTHMA
- ADOLESCENT ENERGY EXPENDITURE WHILST PLAYING NEW GENERATION AND TRADITIONAL COMPUTER GAMES. Graves, L.; Ridgers, N. D.; Cable, N. T.; Stratton, G. // Acta Kinesiologiae Universitatis Tartuensis;2007 Supplement, Vol. 12, p95
An abstract of the study "Adolescent Energy Expenditure Whilst Playing New Generation and Traditional Computer Games," by L. Graves, N. D. Ridgers, N. T. Cable and G. Stratton is presented.
- Relationship Between Activity Levels and Cognitive Impairment in Older Adults. Karpman, Harold L. // Internal Medicine Alert;9/29/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p141
An abstract of the article "Activity energy expenditure and incident cognitive impairment in older adults," by L. E. Middleton and colleagues is presented.
- Abstracts. // CME: South Africa's Continuing Medical Education Journal;Feb2012, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p81
This section presents abstracts related to medical topics including one on the effect of dietary protein content on weight gain, energy expenditure, and body composition during overeating, another on the effectiveness of strategies incorporating training and support of traditional birth...
- Groups push against cap-and-trade attacks. Wilson, Reid // Hill;7/10/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 81, p6
The article reports on the considerable amount of money spent by the Blue-Green Alliance, a coalition of labor, environmental and veteran groups to defend the Democrat legislators, who supported the cap-and-trade-legislation against the attacks from the Republicans in the U.S.
- Energy: your say. // Works Management;Mar2012, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p7
The article presents common on the best move that the government of Great Britain could take to alleviate energy prices.
- EDITORIAL. // International Journal of Occupational Medicine & Environmental H;Jan2007, Vol. 20 Issue 1, pIII
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by T. Ritvanen on the effect of aerobic fitness on physiological stress in the work of teachers and another by A. Kaleta on the connection between occupational and leisure time energy expenditure and body mass index.
- Wind and Wickedness. Droz, Jr., John // 21st Century Science Associates;2010, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "The Astounding High Cost of Free Energy" in the previous issue.
- The Editor Replies. // 21st Century Science Associates;2010, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p4
A response to a letter to the editor on the article "The Astounding High Cost of Free Energy," in the previous issue is presented.
- Hospitality can ease the economic gloom. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/26/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4692, p7
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles including one related to hospitality, second related to businesses preparing to profit from the Olympics, and last related to managing energy costs.