You've Got a Friend: The Use of Volunteers in Assisting Families of Critically Ill
- Hospital needs junior volunteers. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;04/13/98, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p14
Reports on the opportunities for high school students to work as volunteers at Saint Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, New York.
- Volunteers prevent the bleeding of hospital's financial resources. Treider // Wenatchee Business Journal;Nov99, Vol. 13 Issue 11, pB7
Reports on the contribution of volunteers to the financial health of Central Washington Hospital in Wenatchee, Washington. Discipline of volunteers; Importance of volunteers in the operations of nonprofit organizations; Volunteer recruiting.
- Education news. // Collinsville Herald;7/20/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 58, pB6
The article presents education news including the winners of the 2011 scholarships given by the Anderson Hospital Auxiliary in Maryville, Illinois, and the recipients of the 2011 annual scholarships awarded by the Saint Elizabeth's Hospital Auxiliary.
- One Foot in Each World. Castrey, Margaret // AHA News;11/02/98, Vol. 34 Issue 43, p7
Traces the origin of volunteer services in hospitals. Activity after the World War II; Comments from several medical associations officials; Significance of such services.
- Dedication ceremony opens renovated lobby. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/17/94, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p16
Reports on Newburgh, New York City-based St. Luke's Hospital's opening of its renovated lobby with a ceremony dedicating the area to the Hospital Auxiliary in recognition of its service. Fund raising effort for the lobby project.
- Fanniedell Peeples: A volunteer of love. Crittendon, Denise // Crisis (00111422);1994, Vol. 101 Issue 5, p14
Profiles 72-year-old Fanniedell Peeples, a volunteer at Children's Hospital and the Medical Center Complex's Receiving Hospital in Detroit, Michigan. Counseling services for adult patients at Receiving Hospital and their family members; Leading of tours for visitors at Children's Hospital;...
- Cook Children's Medical Center volunteers fill in the gaps. Auer, Tonie // Business Press;11/13/98, Vol. 11 Issue 27, p21
Features the volunteers at the Cook Children's Medical Center in Texas. Services provided by hospital volunteers; Age range; Departments that are completely reliant on volunteers; Reasons why people volunteer.
- ETMC auxiliary returns from convention. Gardenhire, Doris // Malakoff News (TX);6/21/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 25, p8
The article discusses the Texas Association of Healthcare Volunteers (TAHV) convention which was attended by ten members of the East Texas Medical Center (ETMC) Auxiliary in San Antonio, Texas in June 2013.
- Inside the AHA. Noonan, Dennis // AHA News;11/02/98, Vol. 34 Issue 43, p2
Presents an excerpt of an article which appeared in the September 1998 issue of `Volunteer Leader.'