When Time Is of the Essence: An Early Nursing Intervention Team Poised to Respond to In-House Stroke Patients
- Corrigendum. // Clinical Rehabilitation;Aug2010, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p767
A correction to the article "Contracture Preventive Positioning of the Hemiplegic Arm in Subacute Stroke Patients: A Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial," by L.D. de Jong, A. Nieuwboer and G. Aufdemkampe that was published in a 2006 issue is presented.
- Documented Effects of a Therapy For Stroke Survivors. // HealthFacts;Jul2000, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the findings of a study on the possibility that stroke victims can regain the use of an afflicted arm with a technique called constraint-induced movement therapy.
- The case voices. Chambers, Tod S.; Miles, Steven H. // Second Opinion;Oct93, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p80
Tells the story of stroke patient Martin Lubell from the point of view of his doctors and social workers. Family situation; Dynamics of the hospital hierarchy; Different view points of the storytellers.
- Ms. Lubell's complaint. Miles, Steven H. // Second Opinion;Oct93, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p92
Presents a hypothetical narration of Ruth Lubell, wife of stroke patient Martin Lubell. Death of a patient in a nursing home; Feelings and reactions to her husband's belittling of the treatment during their marriage; Blaming of Ruth by the three children and health care providers for putting...
- Putting Strokes on Ice. // Medical Update;Nov2001, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p7
Deals with the study which examined the effectiveness of an intravenous or endovascular cooling device on reducing mortality of stroke victims and protect brain function of survivors.
- Streamlined stroke recovery. // Consumer Reports on Health;Feb96, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p22
Offers suggestions for rehabilitating stroke survivors. Need for assessment of patient's particular needs; Need to substitute drugs which retard recovery.
- Exercise Programming for Post-Rehabilitation Stroke Clients Part 2. Salge, Maribeth // American Fitness;May/Jun2002, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p56
Part II. Provides information on exercise programs for post-rehabilitation stroke clients in the U.S. Emergency plan in working for stroke clients; Medication; Cardiovascular training.
- After a stroke: Strategies to restore function and prevent complications. Reddy, Vinay; M. Prabhakar Reddy // Geriatrics;Sep97, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p59
Deals with the initial rehabilitation of patients with stroke and people involve in rehabilitation. Several post-stroke complications; Methods of planning a rehabilitation team; Measures in preventing stroke recurrence.
- Specialist rehabilitation after stroke. Gladman, John; Barer, David // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);6/29/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7047, p1623
Editorial. Comments on the effectiveness of specialized rehabilitation nursing care given to stroke patients in Great Britain. Group supported by the National Health Service (NHS) called Collaborative Stroke Audit and Research (COSTAR) Group; Agreement on the issues involved in stroke...
- Empowering patients: The key to stroke rehab. Pinkowish, Mary Desmond // Patient Care;10/30/1995, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p13
Focuses on the importance of patient empowerment in rehabilitating patients with cerebrovascular disease. Comments from Washington, D.C.-based National Rehabilitation Hospital Assistant Medical Director of the Stroke Recovery Program Mark Ozer; Components of the stroke rehabilitation program;...