Severe Sepsis Surveillance in the ICU
- NPR-A gene deletion reverses vascular dysfunction associated with sepsis. Panayiotou, Catherine M.; Hobbs, Adrian J. // BMC Pharmacology;2007 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, pP44
An abstract of the paper "NPR-A gene Deletion Reverses Vascular Dysfunction Associated With Sepsis," by Catherine M. Panayiotou and Adrian J. Hobbs is presented.
- Agents causative of sepsis-bacteremia in a four-year prospective surveillance study carried out at a teching Italian Hospital. Manfredi, Roberto // Retrovirology;2010 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, p1
An abstract of the article "Agents Causative of Sepsis-Bacteremia in a Four-Year Prospective Surveillance Study Carried Out at a Teching Italian Hospital," by Roberto Manfredi is presented.
- 150 years since "The etiology, concept, and prophylasix of childbed fever". Stewardson, A. J.; Pittet, D. // BMC Proceedings;Jan2011 Supplement 6, Vol. 5, pO61
An abstract is offered of the research paper "150 years since the etiology, concept, and prophylasix of childbed fever," by A. J. Stewardson and D. Pittet, presented at the International Conference on Prevention & Infection Control (ICPIC 2011) held in Geneva, Switzerland on June 29-July 2, 2011.
- The Rapid Response Team and the Surviving Sepsis Campaign: A Synergistic Approach to Mortality Reduction. T., Lienhop; J., Kaplan; L., Gray // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2008, Vol. 28 Issue 2, pe16
An abstract of the article "The Rapid Response Team and the Surviving Sepsis Campaign: A Synergistic Approach to Mortality Reduction," by T. Lienhop, J. Kaplan and L. Gray is presented.
- Staff Nurses and Nurse Practitioners Collaborate: The Texas Two-Step Sepsis Screening Process Saves Time and Lives. L., Hanna; F., Stokes; L., Moore // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2008, Vol. 28 Issue 2, pe17
An abstract of the article "Staff Nurses and Nurse Practitioners Collaborate: The Texas Two-Step Sepsis Screening Process Saves Time and Lives," by L. Hanna, F. Stokes and L. Moore is presented.
- Strategic Therapeutic Outcomes in the Management and Prevention of Sepsis (STOMP Sepsis). C., Schmidt; J., Espejo // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2008, Vol. 28 Issue 2, pe18
An abstract of the article "Strategic Therapeutic Outcomes in the Management and Prevention of Sepsis (STOMP Sepsis)," by C. Schmidt and J. Espejo is presented.
- Allopurinol/erythromycin. // Reactions Weekly;Jul2015, Vol. 1561 Issue 1, p21
An abstract of the article "Red herring in returned traveler: drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptom (DRESS) syndrome mimicking sepsis," by H. Y. Lim and colleagues is presented.
- Impact of simvastatin on hepatic tissue in lipopolysaccharides treated rats. Ates, G.; Ozkok, E.; Aydin, I.; Yorulmaz, H.; Tamer, A. // Proceedings of the Physiological Society;2013, p703P
Motivation/problem statement: Sepsis is defined systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS) after serious microbial infection. The liver is the main organ for bacterial scavenging, bacterial products inactivation, and inflammatory mediator clearance and production. Macrophages in liver can...
- On the Great Plague in the Mediterranean region in the second half of the 6th century and its effect on population. LIU Rongrong // Journal of Sino-Western Communications;Dec2014, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p55
An abstract of the article regarding the pneumonic plague and septicemia that broke out in Mediterranean during the second half of the 6th century is presented.