Improving Training Program for Maintaining Competency With VAD Devices
- Clinical Education. Napthine, Roger // Australian Nursing Journal;Apr96, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p20
Investigates the state of clinical training of nurses in Australia. Clinical teachers; Educational standards; Working conditions; Clinical placements; Rural dimension; Student exploitation; Attitudes of hospital staff; Consistency with competence.
- Yes, you can give an inservice--with ease. Burke, Rochelle; Moore, Amy Slugg // RN;Jun96, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p17
Presents a step-by-step approach to presenting an inservice to one's nursing staff. Thorough research and preparation; Formalizing one's program; Enhancing one's program with support material; Promoting the event; Tips for launching the presentation.
- Homegrown: The 3 Cs For Clinical Education--Crafting, Clay, and Creativity. R., Walsh; T., Thomas // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2008, Vol. 28 Issue 2, pe32
An abstract of the study "Homegrown: The 3 Cs For Clinical Education--Crafting, Clay, and Creativity," by R. Walsh and T. Thomas is presented.
- Nurse Orientation: The Road to Competence. R., Fleischman; L., Fitzgibbon // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2008, Vol. 28 Issue 2, pe39
An abstract of the article "Nurse Orientation: The Road to Competence," by R. Fleischman and L. Fitzgibbon is presented.
- Nurse Practitioners (NPs) Implement a Staff Nurse--Driven Protocol for Chest Tube and Pacing Wire Removal. T., Backer; B., Pritchett // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2008, Vol. 28 Issue 2, pe39
An abstract of the article "Nurse Practitioners (NPs) Implement a Staff Nurse-Driven Protocol for Chest Tube and Pacing Wire Removal," by T. Backer and B. Pritchett is presented.
- Write a practice profile. // Nursing Standard;12/9/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p60
The article provides information on how to submit a practice profile to the journal.
- RESEARCH FINDS 'FLAWS' IN TRAINING. // Nursing Standard;2/3/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p10
The article discusses research findings suggesting that hospital courses aimed at teaching nurses how to escape the hold of violent mental health patients were ineffective.
- Helpline. Puetz, Belinda E.; Thomas, Donna Ojanen; Moore, Amy Slugg // RN;Oct99, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p22
Answers queries related to nursing issues and concerns. Includes utilization of electronic mail for disseminating hospital policies; Tips for increasing attendance at inservices.
- Right of reply. Sharp, Barbara // Australian Nursing Journal;Feb2005, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p3
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Part of the Team," by Michelle Marriott in the November 2004 issue.