Implementation of a Carotid Stent Program With a Progressive Care Unit As Primary Recovery Site
- Screening for Carotid Artery Stenosis. WOLFF, TRACY // American Family Physician;1/15/2009, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p95
A quiz about the screening for carotid artery stenosis is presented.
- RESEARCH. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;2/27/2010, Vol. 340 Issue 7744, p458
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Jill Dawson and colleagues on the role of patient reported outcome measure in health care, one by Pascal Meier and colleagues on the effectiveness of endarterectomy and stenting for carotid artery stenosis, and...
- Prevalence of Asymptomatic Carotid Artery Stenosis in Individuals more than 40 years attending a tertiary care centre in South India. Kaul, S.; Bandaru, V. C. S.; Suvarna, A.; Meena, A. K. // Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology;2007 Supplement 2, Vol. 10, p4
Purpose: Asymptomatic carotid artery stenosis (ACAS) is a marker for stroke, coronary atherosclerosis and death. This study was aimed to find the prevalence of ACAS in individuals >40 years and whether certain high-risk groups should be routinely screened for it. There is no data available on...
- Internal Carotid Occlusion in a Newborn. Blackburn, Donna R. // Journal for Vascular Ultrasound;Sep2012, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p216
The vascular laboratory was called to the neonatal intensive care unit to perform a carotid duplex examination on a 2-day-old infant. This term female newborn was delivered via caesarian because of labor that failed to progress. There were no significant maternal risk factors. On day 2, the...
- Bilateral internal carotid artery stenosis complicating acute sinusitis. Kamtchum Tatuene Joseph; Momjian-Mayor, Isabelle; Vargas, Maria Isabel; Sztajzel, Roman // Practical Neurology (BMJ Publishing Group);Dec2013, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p377
The article presents a case study of a 37-year-old black man who presented with diplopia, photophobia, and headache. The patient underwent several tests including brain magnetic resonance (MR), computed tomography (CT) scan, and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) analysis and was diagnosed with bilateral...
- Review: Treatment options for asymptomatic carotid artery stenosis were compared. Kuan Huei Ng; Oczkowski, Wieslaw // Annals of Internal Medicine;8/20/2013, Vol. 159 Issue 4, pJC6
A review of the article "Management strategies for asymptomatic carotid stenosis" by G. Raman, D. Moorthy and N. Hadar that is published in a 2013 issue of the periodical is presented.
- A COCHRANE REVIEW OF ENDOVASCULAR TREATMENT VERSUS ENDARTERECTOMY FOR CAROTID STENOSIS. Ederle, J; Featherstone, RL; Brown, MM // Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry;Mar2008, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p345
An abstract of the articleâˆ£A Cochrane Review of Endovascular Treatment Versus Endarterectomy for Carotid Stenosis,âˆ£by J. Ederle, R.L. Featherstone and M.M. Brown is presented.
- Illustration of the echocardiographic diagnosis of subaortic membrane stenosis in adults: surgical and live three-dimensional transoesophageal findings. Maréchaux, Sylvestre; Juthier, Françis; Banfi, Carlo; Vincentelli, André; Prat, Alain; Ennezat, Pierre–Vladimir // European Journal of Echocardiography;Jan2011, Vol. 12 Issue 1, pE2
We report here two cases of patients admitted in our institution for heart failure. The first had been previously diagnosed with severe aortic valve stenosis and was referred for aortic valve replacement. The myocardial and valvular anatomy combined with the Doppler profiles allowed, however, to...
- Convexity subarachnoid haemorrhage associated with bilateral internal carotid artery stenoses. Kleinig, Timothy John; Kimber, Thomas Edward; Thompson, Philip Douglas // Journal of Neurology;Apr2009, Vol. 256 Issue 4, p669
A letter to the editor is presented discussing several cases of convexity subarachnoid haemorrhage associated with bilateral internal carotid artery stenoses.