Hot Brain? Cool Treatment! Guidelines for Fever Management of Stroke Patients
- What to do with a fever. // FDA Consumer;Nov85, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p16
Unless it is very high, a fever is not to be feared. In fact, it may even serve a useful purpose. Ways to make a feverish patient more comfortable until things cool off.
- Spring Allergies? Natural Remedies Nothing to Sneeze At. // Environmental Nutrition;Apr2002, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p7
Replies to an inquiry on natural remedies for hay fever. INSET: Allergy-Alleviating Advice.
- Once-daily, nasally inhaled corticosteroid for allergic rhinitis. // Modern Medicine;Jul96, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p38
Reports on the approval of a new formulation of triamcinolone acetonide, a nasally inhaled corticosteroid for allergic rhinitis or hay fever.
- Or too many tears? Brown, Edwin W. // Medical Update;Jul98, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p4
Discusses seasonal rhinitis. Causes of the disease; Anti-inflammatory agents for seasonal rhinitis.
- Hard-to-treat hay fever. Morris, Adrian // Pulse;3/3/2009, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p25
The article offers tips on how to treat refractory allergic rhinitis including taking antihistamines, consuming teaspoonful of local honey before pollen season, and using the saline nasal douche and petroleum jelly on the lower nostril.
- Primer on allergic rhinitis. Noble, Sara L.; Forbes, Robert C. // Drug Topics;10/9/95Supplement, Vol. 139 Issue 19, p24s
Discusses the diagnosis and treatment of allergic rhinitis or hay fever. Personal or family history considerations; Physical assessment; Differentiation challenges; Environmental modification; Pharmacotherapy; Immunotherapy.
- Nasal sprays for `hay fever'. // Consumer Reports on Health;Jun95, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p70
Focuses on medical treatments for seasonal allergies. Antihistamines; Nasal sprays; Introduction of the drug Flonase.
- How to fight hay fever. // Consumer Reports on Health;Jul96, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p82
Advises on fighting hay fever. Antihistamine intake; Steroid nasal sprays as an option.
- New hay-fever options. // Consumer Reports on Health;June97, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p70
Presents the availability of two new, potentially advantageous hay-fever sprays, namely, Astelin or Azelastine and Nasalcrom, or Cromolyn in the United States. Efficacy of the sprays; Whether there are any side effects; When Astelin or Nasalcrom should be used.
- Hay fever. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Sep1996, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p6
Reports on medications which may help relieve or prevent symptoms of hay fever. Overreaction of the immune system; List of medications. INSET: A shot in the arm..