Honoring Those Who Gave the Gift of Life
- ALLEGORIES OF GOOD KINGSHIP: WALL PAINTINGS IN THE QILA MUBARAK AT PATIALA. Singh, Kavita // Marg: A Magazine of the Arts;Jun2003, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p48
The article looks at three Indian art pieces in a historical and critical analysis: a 17th century Mughal painting, a 19th century Pahari painting, and a previously unpublished 19th century Rajasthan drawing. The article corrects previous misinterpretations and incomplete analysis. It is assumed...
- Creativity sparks new uses for building space. // Buildings;Dec96, Vol. 90 Issue 12, p14
Reports that as landlords begin extending leases, there is a growing trend in advertising, that of using exterior walls to display large murals in Los Angeles, California. Sunset Towers' feature of the `Daily Variety' magazine mural; Comments from Skip Vose, of Tall Wall, the firm contracted to...
- End `tagging' with a mural approach. // Curriculum Review;Sep96, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the painting of a mural over graffiti by students from Lamar Elementary, Wiggs Middle School and El Paso High School in Texas. Details on the cleaning of the walls; Comment from Maryadele Dennis-Troxler, initiator of the project.
- Life of a Snowman. // Quilter's World;Dec2009, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p62
The article offers step-by-step instructions for creating a snowman wall quilt.
- Oh What Fun! // Quilter's World;Dec2009, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p74
The article offers step-by-step instructions for creating a snowman and tree design wall quilt.
- Mama Is an Angel. // Quilter's World;Dec2009, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p86
The article offers step-by-step instructions for quilting a hand appliquÃ© wall quilt.
- Nature Mural. // Pottery Making Illustrated;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p42
Presents instructions on how to construct a nature mural that was made by school students using clay. Materials used for the construction of the table; Organizations that donated the materials; People who attended the dedication ceremony of the mural.
- The African-American murals of Los Angeles. Dunitz, Robin J. // American Visions;Dec94/Jan95, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p14
Features the public mural paintings in Los Angeles, California. Abundance of public mural paintings in Los Angeles; Focus on black art; Interest in multiculturalism.
- Public art. // American Visions;Dec94/Jan95, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p18
Lists the major organizations in the United States that promote muralism. Contact information.
- Fresco. Kohl, MaryAnn F. // Cricket;Sep95, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p35
Illustrates how to make a fresco for a room. Materials; Directions.